Chapter 1

Nicole above
The tragedy struck hard. My parents and two twin older sisters were dead. I couldn't believe it. It was nighttime and we were all asleep in the house. Two loud bangs rang throughout the halls from my parents side of the house.

I figured it was nothing, maybe they just dropped something in their room. Silly me, my parents were just murdered and i didn't think anything of it. Next round of shots was in the room next to mine. Two shots exactly. It didn't take a rocket scientist to figure out what was happening.

My brother awoke, tonight we were having a movie night and he fell asleep in my room. I told him to hide in the closet, make no noises, to stay calm. I stayed in the bathroom, because if he found one he wouldn't find both. I watched the shadow under the door, it stopped.

Like it froze in place. And like that, the shadow disappeared, a few minutes later you could hear the front door close, and a motor become distant in sound. To say I was dumbfounded was an understatement, I actually couldn't comprehend what the hell was going on. I grabbed my phone and dialed 911. Getting my brother out of the closet, I told him to stay calm and to stay put.

We were going to stay in the room until the officers came. I was hoping that someone would be alive, anyone. But I should have known to never get my hopes up.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry for the short chapter.... Buuutttttt this is my first book I ever wrote. I'm not the best writer so so far I think I'm doing pretty well!! Hope you guys liked it! - Tess