Chapter 3

When I got to my room I saw my suitcases in the middle of my room. The room was white and teal theme. The bedspread was bohemian and it had teal throw pillows with white sheets. All the furniture was white and the walls had a beach theme to it. The room was amazing so I decided to get unpacking. I finally finished after two hours. I'm fast what can I say. I jumped onto my bed, grabbed my ear buds and decided to read a book on my iPad on the app wattpad. I was currently reading a story about a bad boy who lived in a basement of a family friend of a girl who was babysitting and they have a love-hate relationship. It is truly brilliant.

I plugged my ear buds into my phone and hit shuffle, the song Time by Pink Floyd came on. I picked up my IPad and started on another chapter of my book. As the book was reaching the climax House of the Rising Sun came on and I decided to put down my book and rock out. I plugged my phone into my stereo, raised the volume and started to sing.

"There is a house in New Orleans
They call the Rising Sun
And it's been the ruin of many a poor boy
And God, I know I'm one

My mother was a tailor
She sewed my new blue jeans
My father was a gamblin' man
Down in New Orleans

Now the only thing a gambler needs
Is a suitcase and trunk
And the only time he's satisfied
Is when he's on a drunk

[Organ Solo]

Oh mother, tell your children
Not to do what I have done
Spend your lives in sin and misery
In the House of the Rising Sun

Well, I got one foot on the platform
The other foot on the train
I'm goin' back to New Orleans
To wear that ball and chain

Well, there is a house in New Orleans
They call the Rising Sun
And it's been the ruin of many a poor boy
And God, I know I'm one"

The song ended and I put down the brush I picked up in the middle of the song to go back to my bed, but I stopped in my tracks when an applause erupted from my doorframe. "We came here to tell you dinner was ready, but we heard your music and decided to open the door. I'm glad we did you were amazing." Jace complimented while all the others were by the door agreeing with him. "Oh okay, I'll be down in a minute" I stated. Nobody had ever told me I could sing. I mean I fooled around with my friends and Lake; we made a rock band too.

Even Lake and my friends never commented if I could sing or not, usually we would just fool around and sing together while jumping on the beds in my room. We would always have a mini concert, just the six of us it was our thing. I walked down the stairs to the dining room where the family had gathered to eat. I took a seat next to my little brother.

"Hey Blake, what have you been up to?" I said as I turned to face him.

"We have been playing Call Of Duty, you missed it, it was so much fun!!"

"Oh," I feigned pouted "can't believe I missed it, I would of kicked your ass!" I teased.

"Yea I doubt it" he scoffed.

"Well I believe every game we ever played I always won and you even said I was the master, I mean if my memory is correct" I stated matter-o-factly with a smirk on my face. We ended up having a staring contest to see who was better and he tried to blow at my eye and failed miserably. "Now now don't try to cheat" I scolded. After a couple of minute he blinked and a huge grin appeared on my face, "mmhmm and you were saying."