Chapter 4

•Charlie's POV•

I wake up from my deep sleep with my sheets crumpled up beside me and jump out of bed. Shit. I need to get ready for the party!

I walk over to my closet and pull out an all black tee. I love the way this thing fits. I pull on a pair of nearly black jeans and pull on my hair in front of the mirror even though there's really not much I can do.

I speed downstairs and put on my black Converse before I head to my car. Thank God everyone is back in their rooms and I avoid having to put up with what the guys would say about me leaving again.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I make it to the house I'd dropped Jade off earlier. I like the look of it; it's a really nice looking two story.

I close my car door and hesitantly make my way up the few steps to her door and pause. I haven't even known her for a day, but this girl makes me really damn nervous. Wow, I actually think it feels good to admit that. It's been on my mind all day. This is so weird and new to me.

I gently knock on the door and take a step back to wait. I hear a clicking noise and I know she's coming. I'm stunned when the door opens. She is beyond gorgeous. That silver dress shows every damn curve on her. I can already tell now that my sanity is not going to make it through this night intact.

"Well, we don't need to worry about that whole outshine thing. I think you've got that covered." Good, Charlie. That wasn't terrible.

She's flushing red again for the thousandth time since we've met. Why is that so fucking cute?

"You look pretty great yourself," she says back to me.

My heart catches in my chest. She says something so simple, and I don't know if it's the way her lips move around the words or just her, but it has an affect on me.

•Jade's POV•

Oh shit, he's here! Should I hurry? Should I take my time and seem chill? Ah, screw it. I'm excited!

I open the door and my heart skips a beat.

"Well, we don't need to worry about that whole outshine thing. I think you've got that covered," he says smiling.

Oh, dear God, can my heart handle this? I can practically feel the heat rush to my cheeks to betray my fake relaxed appearance but I try to fight it anyway.

"You look pretty great yourself," I manage through the lump in my throat.

"You know, I thought we talked about this whole making me look like shit thing?" He asks with his sexy smile on his lips.

"It's not a competition, Charlie." I laugh a bit and walk past him to the beginning of the steps. "You sure you want to come?"

"About as sure as I am that I love that dress. And you can call me Jordon if you want?"

Yes! I knew he'd like the dress!

"Noted. So, I guess it's time to go, Jordon." I think I'm sort of pulling off this playing it cool thing.

"Guess it is," he replies, then walks beside me down the steps.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

•Charlie's POV•