Chaos!

Just then, a tall professionally dressed woman entered the room.

Nicholas frowned and got up from the couch. "Marie, I said I wanted no interruptions."

"I'm sorry, Nicholas, but the Prince is here," the woman politely said. I could tell she had worked with Nicolas for years and was used to his rude behavior.

Nicholas took a sip from his martini glass, "Well, tell Prince Edward that he and his whole bloody damn spoiled entourage can wait while I finish my Family's business."

The woman shook her head. "It's not Prince Edward. I wouldn't have disturbed you if it was a commoner. It's The Prince. Prince Val Tarran."

Nicholas sighed. "Well, why didn't you say so. Tell him I'll be right down."

The woman nodded and hurried out.

Nicholas set his martini glass down on a small table and turned to David and Nicole. "You'll have to excuse me. I was expecting Prince Val Tarran tomorrow, but these Orions and their damn 28 hour day cycle. He probably had trouble sleeping."

Nicole scowled. "The last update I got from Control said that he was in Tokyo. Attending the opening of some new art gallery."

David smiled, "You know how easily the Prince gets bored."

"Don't I ever. Well, I guess this concludes our little briefing. Ms. Grant, it was a pleasure to meet you." Nicholas said and strode out of the room.

I leapt to my feet and got in David Ross's face, "If I had known you were going to kidnap my uncle and force me to compete in some damn competition like I was a farm animal then I never would have come with you."

Nicole smiled, "Too late now, worm. I suggest you shut your mouth and follow our lead that's if you care about your uncle."

David put both his hands on my shoulders. They felt strong and firm. I felt an unexpected rush of warmth course through my body.

David looked into my eyes and smiled. I instantly felt myself relax. It was almost as if I was being hypnotized. I blinked and shoved his hands away from me.

"Eliza, I know this is difficult. I wish we could tell you everything about where you're going and what will be expected of you, but at Blackstone, information is a privilege not a right. You will be tested and pushed to the brink and it's best if you don't know what's coming. You just have to trust us," David said.

"Trust you. I don't even know you," I said.

"But we know you. We've been watching you for a long time. Do you really want to go back to your old life? A life of ridicule and shame. At Blackstone you will be among your own kind. People just like you."

"That's providing you survive the Red Door," Nicole said.

David looked at Nicole sharply. "She will. I have no doubt about it."

"I don't know, Ross. You've been wrong before," Nicole said.

"But not this time. This time we've got the..." David trailed off and looked around. Nicole sprang to her feet.

"What is it?" I asked David.

"Grimm," David said and motioned to Nicole who whipped out her Razor Phone and started scanning.