Chapter 3

Author's notes: Hey everyone! Thanks so much for reading the first two chapters and thanks for all the support I've been getting on here, Wattpad and Instagram!
If you enjoy this chapter please follow, favourite and leave a review it really helps me out. Thank you!

Prepare for trouble

Chapter 3

Jessiebelle walked a few paces behind Team Rocket, watching them with the eyes of a Fearow. Jessie and James walked hand in hand, constantly aware that Jessiebelle's eyes were burning into them. There was a sever feeling of intimidation in the air, and it wrapped around both of them like a suffocating blanket; an everlasting restraint that pressured them to go beyond where they once were. Jessie moved her body slightly closer to James. He flinched slightly, they had only been pretending like this for a couple of hours, but it was already clear that James was much more anxious than she was.

"Relax, James -" She said in a hushed tone, "- I told you it's okay to act this way. So try to stop acting so nervous."

"I'm sorry, Jess...I'm just not used to any of this."

"Oh, come on, it's not like we've spent the last few years with a restraining order."

"Yeah, but that was different...I've never....interacted with you....romantically before."

"Look, it's no different, now hurry up and pretend to love me!" She ordered a little louder.

"That'd better not be a lovers quarrel I can hear!" Jessiebelle said to them spitefully. Jessie turned round and gave her a false smile, but her eyes showed anger.

"Not at all! -" Jessie reassured with a forced laugh, "We're just trying to remember where we left the balloon." She giggled nervously when she noticed Jessiebelle giving her a disapproving look; in response she gave James a light kiss upon his cheek - causing him to blush feverishly. Jessiebelle huffed with annoyance. As they walked - still holding hands - James still wondered why Jessie had made this choice, after only a few hours of pretending to be in a relationship they were already exhausted from the constant pressure they were under from Jessiebelle, not to mention the fact that they were still tailing the Twerps.

Jessie had never fully explained why she'd used such an elaborate plan to try and shake Jessiebelle off their tail, especially since last time they met Jessie was more than happy to let him get married in order to get the money. So why now was she going to such lengths? He wanted to ask her again, to push her to give the answer he almost heard, but maybe the moment had gone; and what kind of answer would he get when they were standing only a few feet away from their threat? Meowth caught up with the pair for a moment.

"Hey, guys, how long is she gonna be hangin' around with us?"

"I don't know, Meowth..." James sighed.

"'Cos she's holdin' us back! How are we are we supposed to capture people's Pokemon with her followin' us the whole time?" Meowth complained quietly.

"We're perfectly aware of that, Meowth, but Jessie and I aren't in an ideal situation ourselves!" James spat. Meowth smirked to himself.

"Yeah, whatever! You two are loving this!" He chuckled.

"And what exactly is that supposed to mean?!" Jessie blurted.

"Uhhh, n....nothing!" Meowth whimpered.

"Good!" Jessie huffed. They walked for a little longer, the scorching sun beating down on their bodies and the rustling of Spearows in the trees. Jessie and James kept their hands locked together - secretly enjoying the secure feeling it gave them both. They smiled at each other briefly.