Chapter 5

Author's notes: Hi! Thank you so much for being patient with me, I know it's been so long since I upadtaed, but I was working as a scare actor through October and then was really busy with sixth form, but I have 2 weeks off for Christmas befor emy mock exams start; hopefully chapter 6 will be up before I got back to college but I can't promise anything.
Thank you so much for all the support and being so patient, and shout out to all the amazing and friendly people that follow my Team Rocket based Instagram account ( teamrocketshipping ) Love you all!

I would really appreciate it if you tell me what you think by leaving a review.

Prepare for trouble

Chapter 5

"Personally, I think that was one of our most successful escapes so far!" Meowth cheered as he popped the cork from the bottle of cheap champagne.

"You idiot! It's been our only successful escape!" James commented with sour humour. He sipped the drink Meowth had just poured him and grimaced at the unpleasant taste of the low-priced drink.

"Oh, Lighten up, James, we're on the road to victory now!" added Jessie with a controlled squeal. James took another sip.

"Not quite" He murmured.

"What's eatin' ya this time, Jimmy?" Meowth squawked at him, James moved to the edge of the balloon basket and looked over the edge.

"Maybe the fact the Jessiebelle is hanging off of the ladder?!" His comment spoke truth, the balloon's ladder was flapping freely from the basket only a few metres above the ground - and hanging from it's lowest height was Jessiebelle.

"Oh, forget about her, she's been down there for the last hour and she's still alive...unfortunately." Jessie chirped bitterly.

"Are you three gonna let me up, or what?!" Jessiebelle called up angrily to them.

"Be quiet!" Jessie demanded.

"Jess, we can't just leave her there!" James told her, yet he felt annoyed with himself for saying it. In truth, Jessebelle was nothing short of annoying...or terrifying; but James still felt immoral about leaving her hanging...literally.

"Of course we can!" Jessie replied with a somewhat sinister laugh.

"Okay...we can, but it's not the right thing to do!"

"Since when have you cared about doing the right thing? May I remind you of your career choice?" She hissed as she fingered the logo on James' shirt.

"That's different." He tried to explain.

"May I also remind you on how she has practically tortured you since you were a child!"

"It's still different!"

"How?"

It just is..." He whined. Jessie huffed at him.

"Well, it's funny how you suddenly care so much about your precious Jessiebelle!" She spat.

"Oh, don't get like that, Jessie!"

"Well, it's certainly how things seem at the moment." Jessie muttered.

"You know that she terrifies me!" James squealed angrily in response.

"Well, you seem pretty keen to get her up here with us!"

"I don't want her here with us, but you can't just leave her dangling off the edge of the hot air balloon!" He squealed again.

"You know what? Fine! Get her up here, let her beat you down into nothing more than a shadow of a man, let her torture you again!"