Chapter 3

A week after the meaningful meeting with Wendy, it was soon time to choose the two new members who would be part of Red Velvet.

"All of you have worked hard, and I see that potential in you. However we have, after alot of thought, decided to pick Yerim and Shin Hye to be the new members of Red Velvet!" Said Mrs Kim.

Upon hearing my name, I stood in shock. The other trainees congratulated me and I accepted their well wishes with a huge smile on my face.

Mrs Kim congratulated us as she informed us of the plans for our upcoming debut. She then told us to pack up as we would move into the dorm with the current Red Velvet members soon. We smiled politely as she left.

Immediately after, both of us jumped in joy as we briefly introduced ourselves and became fast friends due to our ages. However, I found out that I was born two months after Yeri, which made me the maknae of the group. I let out a sigh as I would have to suffer the burden of being the youngest. However, Yeri offered to help me out along the way and I did the same.

The door soon opened and the Red Velvet members entered. Irene stepped forward and introduced herself.

"Hi I'm Bae Joo Hyun but you can just call me Irene! Thats Wendy, Seulgi and Joy" she said as she gestured to the three of them. "Welcome to Red Velvet. We will inform you both about our debut plans later. However, you two should just go and pack your bags and be ready to move in. Please feel free to approach us if you need any help! See you! " she ended off smiling and left.

Both of us rushed up to our dorms and started packing up and putting everything into our suitcases. We were so excited that we finished packing in an hour!

After a short ride, we finally reached the building where all the SM artistes stayed in.
(A/N I put them all together as it will be easier for me to continue my story)

We pulled our luggage into the building and soon bumped into two people who were coming down the stairs.

"Oops sorry are you alright?"

It was Chen and Xiumin from EXO! They looked at the amount of luggage we were carrying and immediately smiled.

"Do you two need any help? You seem to be struggling with whatever it is you are carrying. C'mon, I know where Red Velvet's dorm is, let us help you!" Chen said happily.

Not taking no for an answer, the two of them helped with the luggage and even led us all the way to the front door of the dorm! We thanked them politely as Chen and Xiumin left.

After a deep breath, I finally pressed the door bell, which turned out to be their debut song Happiness! We grinned at each other as the door opened to reveal a smiling Joy. She immediately brought us in and led us to our rooms. It was much bigger than what I had imagined.

Seulgi was seated on the sofa as she waved and said a cheery "hello!". She also informed us about how Irene and Wendy felt that a party was needed and thus had gone out together to buy a cake to celebrate.

She led us to our rooms. It was decided that the three rooms would be shared amongst us and we would sleep in pairs. I was assigned to Irene's room, Yeri was with Joy, and Wendy was with Seulgi. The rooms were all fairly large and were decorated quite nicely already. All I needed to decorate was my bedside table. I took out a photograph of my family, a notebook, as well as a small box where I kept all my personal belongings.

I sat down on my bed, and called my parents to tell them that I would be debuting soon. They were very proud of me and I could hear my brother's cheers in the background. After talking for a while more, I hung up the call, and suddenly felt very lonely as I missed my family. But being sensible, I immediately perked up and thought excitedly of my upcomimg activities.

Half an hour later, we assembled in the living room as Wendy and Irene were back from their shopping. However, before taking out the food and starting a mini party, they first explained that starting next week, we would record the new song as well as film the music video. The dance would be choreographed along the way. There would also be photoshoots here and there, since there would be a album coming out. They then passed out a timetable.

I was shocked when I saw the timetable. Everyday was packed with activities and there were also performances to record!

"Enough of those stuff. Let's get down to the party! I nearly forgot to tell you that all the SM artistes all live in this building, in case you didn't know,and our neighbours are Girl's Generation and SHINee. They are all nice so don't worry. This floor has smaller units because there are very less people who are staying here. Although SNSD has nine members, there are only four actually staying so thats why they are here on this level." Irene explained as she took out the cake from its box.

"Those on the top floors are for the bigger groups such as EXO and Super Junior since the units are much bigger than this. If you want, I can bring you up there and show you. I doubt they would mind. But they are so busy that its a matter of whether they are home or not." Joy continued.

Both Yeri and I nodded in understanding. Suddenly, we heard a knock on our door as Yeri volunteered to open it. When the door was opened, Tiffany and Taeyeon came in. They were wearing casual clothes as they had no activities on that day as well. They greeted the members, who offered an invitation to join the mini party.

I was really excited, and hoped that everyday from now onwards would be the same as this.