Chapter 9

As many of us were home-bound the next day, the Red Velvet members decided that we wanted to go to the theme park! However, we were soon told to not go there just yet because they were planning a reality show for them and they wanted it to seem like a surprise, especially for the rides.  We hung our heads in disappointment since we were really looking forward to it.

[fastforward]

"Okay everyone! Let's do that part again!" Irene said to us. We groaned as we slowly got up and headed to our starting positions. The music played and they all started their dance practice. I was slowly getting frustrated as there was one move that I just couldn't get right. Despite trying again and again, I just could not make my body move the way I wanted it to.

Early the next day, the door to the practice room opened and creaked really loudly in the stillness of the place. I willed it to stop, fearing it might disturb someone and I stepped inside. I played "Dope" by BTS from my playlist to do my warmup to before I did "dumb dumb". Today, I was determined to get that dance all correct. The song started playing and I tried that one frustrating move that I just could not get right. The same thing happened for the next hour as I tried again and again. Soon, I gave up and slumped down on the floor and cried in frustration. I heard the door open and I turned my head at the sound. It turned out to be Taemin! I hasitily dried my tears so that he could not tell that I had been crying.

Taemin came softly to me and asked what I was doing at the practice room at 6am, and why I was crying. I explained everything to him as he finally understood. He offered to teach me, since he had seen some of the dance practices, and there was also a reference video. He watched it seriously and when it came to that problematic move, he immediately saw what the problem was. He asked me to do how I normally did it and freeze there so he could change some of my movements. He started adjusting here and there and finally, he got out the desired look of the move.(I dont dance so idk if thats how you do it)

Now all I had to do was to try to do that movement fast so that it flowed with the rest of the song and moves.

That was another huge obstacle and I could not do that yet, so everytime, I would freeze and do that part slowly, just like how Taemin taught me. Finally, after about an hour, I could finally do it properly! I smiled in happiness and made a heart.

"Oppa, thank you so much!" I said as cheekily as I could as Taemin just smiled at me.

~~~

At that time, Kai walked in to see Shin Hye giving hearts to Taemin and him smiling in response. He felt as though something in his chest exploded when he saw that. He tried to make normal conversation and not make it sound weird. But his voice still came out icy cold," What are you two doing here?"

"Taemin oppa was helping me with a dance move that I just could not do properly, which now of course I can do." She said as she gave Taemin another 'jjang' expression.

Kai could not help but felt sad that Taemin got here first. Also, he did not understand why he felt this way. He brushed that thought off as he turned to the both of them.

" So you two want to go out for breakfast?"

Hey all! HaHA i know the ending is a little lame but I was having writers block and I totally could not think of anything at all. I kept on editing because I did not know whether I wanted to focus more on just Shin Hye's life alone, or also with more interactions and all that with the red velvet members.