Chapter 19

Red Velvet was scheduled to appear on an episode of Weekly Idol with another group, which they did not know.

"Who do you think it will be?" Wendy asked the members in the car on the way to the filming.

"I don't know. But I really hope that its BTS or maybe even Seventeen." I said.

The rest of the girls shook their heads and Seulgi gave me a light flick on the forehead, which woke me up from my daydreams.

"Hey! What was that for?" I asked offended as I massaged my forehead.

"To wake you up from your dreams, what else?" Seulgi answered as she yawned, as if it was the most obvious thing ever.

"They are cute okay? I would just die if it really was them."

"You nearly fainted at during MAMA when you found out they were sitting next to us." Irene said as the rest laughed.

"What about Jong In?" Wendy asked as she turned around in her seat. I tensed up at the mention of his name, and tried not to show any emotion.

*flashback*

"Why did you ask to see me?" I asked as I walked into the room.

"Oh ShinHye-ah." He tried to smile brightly at me.

"What is up with you? Are you okay?" I asked in concern.

"It's just that I have some things I need to clear up with you."

"What is it?" I asked, my heart pounded unknowingly fast.

"It's just that, I admit that I do have feelings for you and actually planned out how I was going to confess to you. But your dating news with Sehun just made everything complicated." He sounded desperate.

"You were planning to confess?" Was all I managed to get out as I stared at him, " But we can never be together you know that right?" I tried to be as straight-forward as possible, although it hurt my heart to do so.

"I know that, but I needed to get my feelings out to you, and I wanted you to know how I felt."

"Guess what, I return your feelings too. You are a great person, and I really loved hanging out with you, but I soon realised that I had already fallen for you." I blurted out, my tears starting to fall.

"I'm sorry for all this." He said as I tried to tell him it wasn't his fault.

"I guess that it's goodbye?" I finally managed to choke out.

"But we're still good friends right?"

"Always!" I tried to sound happy.

"I can see through your smile you know." He said before he assumed his normal manner and waved a cocky goodbye as he left for practice.

I heaved a sigh as I left the room, also leaving behind my feelings for him.
---

I had kept quiet about it, only revealing it to Irene unnie, since she was the leader and the oldest.

I tried to appear nonchalant.

"What about him?"

"Not his fan anymore?"

"Jong In oppa and I are just friends, period." I said, putting emphasis on the word 'friend'. Joy, who tried to open her mouth to argue, closed it after receiving a nudge from Irene.

"You're no fun anymore. We know each other too well." Joy said as she gave a sigh.

Finally we reached the venue and got off. We had arrived very early as we needed to do hair and makeup as well as put on more casual clothes as the clothes we were wearing now were a bit too casual to go on a programme.

As we were preparing, Joy called me out and apologised as she had heard everything from Irene. I brushed it off in my usual manner and assured her that I wasn't mad.

After we were done, we came out and headed to a lift to go down the the basement. Yeri was just about to close the lift door when it suddenly opened.

"Sorry. But thank you too!" The person said as a group of seven boys entered the lift. The rest of the girls looked up and they were so shocked. It was BTS, the group they were just talking about in the car. Seulgi gave me a side glace as she tried to hide her smirk. She took out her phone and messaged me.

To Shin Hye

"Men of your dreams eh?"

To Seulgi

"I repeat: I'm.Just.A.Fan"

To Shin Hye

"Sure sure whatever you say''

"You guys can just openly talk you know. I mean we can see all your messages through the mirror."

Seulgi and I looked up to see Rap Monster talking and all the others staring at them.

"Are you guys here for Weekly Idol?" Irene asked politely.

"Yes we are. Don't tell me you guys are too?" Rapmon asked as the rest of BTS listened curiously.

Just then, the lift came to a stop.

"See you!" We said as we exited the lift and chuckled.

~~~

The filming started as the hosts introduced the two groups. It proceeded quite smoothly until the hosts noticed that we were kind of awkward. As variety hosts, they seized the chance as they brought up that BTS had girl group idols that they wanted to meet.

Upon hearing that, BTS looked embarrassed as they looked away. However, we thought it was kind of funny as we didn't know that they would be shy about it.

"Jimin, Jin and J-Hope would like to get close to Red Velvet, Rap Monster ,V and Suga would like to get close to SNSD while Jungkook would like to get close to IU." They ended off as the boys looked away.

"Aww, how cute of JungKook!" Wendy could not help but exclaim.

"Let's be friends then!" Joy teased as the rest of us hi-fived each other.

"Shin Hye ah! Are we not already friends?" Jungkook suddenly said.

"Oh right! I totally forgot! We attend the same school! We already know each other but we're in different years." I said as I smacked my forehead lightly. How could I have forgotten?

"Well maybe if you attend school more often I would remember you!" I retaliated as Jungkook 'pooh-ed' at my reply.

"These kids get so much more confident each time I see them." One of the hosts said to which everyone laughed.

"But seriously, is there anyone in Red Velvet that is a fan of BTS?" He asked again.

As if on cue, all the members glanced at me as I pretended not to notice them. The hosts, who noticed it went,"Shin Hye, am I right?"

Hearing my name and having my inner fangirl revealed, I blushed before saying that I really liked their songs.

"She's lying. She has a favourite member too, or should I say members?" Wendy asked mockingly, which of course got a huge reaction from the hosts.

"Just reveal it come on...we can even help you get their number...." one of the hosts tried digging it out of me.

"I am a fan of Jimin and V..."