Part 1

The garden in the last house, not far from the main road yet close to the mountain road, was the largest of all the houses; not only in size but also in the variety of flowers.

Neetu could hear someone humming a tune. The sound seemed to come from the garden. She went outside and her gaze fell on a slight figure, bent over a small rose bush, wearing loose baggy clothes and slippers, three sizes large.

Neetu called out to the girl, "Amrita, mom is calling you inside, right now." Amrita set aside the spade she was using to separate the blocks of soil and got up slowly. Facing her elder sister, she replied, "Okay Neetu, I will clean up and go talk to her."

"Mummy, you called me?" Amrita asked her mum after washing her face and hands.

"Amrita, what in the world are you wearing?" asked her mother.

"What do you mean mummy?" frowned Amrita.

"Dress properly, what if some unexpected guests arrive with you looking like that?" her mother answered.

"I am in my comfort zone," Amrita retaliated.

On seeing her mother's face she gave a dramatic sigh and said, "Fine, I will go and change."

"By the way Amrita, we have guests coming over tomorrow. Your Kuber uncle with his family. They won't be staying the night with us since another family is coming with them. Help me arrange the house in order," Amrita's mother, Mrs Sarika stated.

Amrita was excited about Mahi and Mohit, her cousins coming over for a visit. Mahi & her had always had a close relationship, although the past two years, had witnessed them lose contact with each other. Her curiosity was roused regarding the other family that was to visit with them.

"Who are these other people coming with Kuber uncle, mummy?" Amrita asked.

"Their family friends, with their two sons," answered Mrs Sarika.