-- 5 --

The doctors and nurses came in a removed Damon from the bed. The next day Elena ran into the room excited to see Damon. All she saw was a piece of paper sitting on the bed. She was confused, but picked up the letter and began to read it. 

Elena, 

I can still remember the first time I saw you. You walked up on the stage in our school assembly, nervously shaking, to be introduced to the rest of the class only 5 months ago. I couldn't stop looking at you and to fathom your beauty was impossible. Our eyes met as I was sitting in the crowd and you were up on that stage, and I froze. I had never seen someone so beautiful in my lifetime. I remember the way you played with your hair and the shy smile you gave me when I waved to you in the hallway after. I knew I had to talk to you, and I did. Later that day, during lunch, I walked over to you while you were sitting with Bonnie. I introduced myself, and stuttering, I asked you if you wanted me to show you around town later. You said yes and I knew from that day forward that my life would never be the same. Before I met you, I made bad choices, I wasn't a good person. You have changed me to be a better person and I love you for it. I can't imagine my life without you--without your caring nature, your beauty and above all else, your love. Elena Gilbert, you are the embodiment of a fulfilled life. These past 5 months have given me a lifetime of love and I am forever happy to have loved you.

-Damon

She knew what happened, Damon was dead. She sat on the hospital bed clutching the letter in her hands and cried. 

**********

thank you guys so much for reading my story :) 

i hope you enjoyed it, i really liked writing it and i will be writing many more in the future.

if there are any specific characters or movies, books, people, anything that you want me to write about please message me. 

thanks again :) 

-emily