Chapter 13

Harry's POV

"What the hell is wrong with you?"  I reprimand myself.

I told myself that I was going to stay away from her, but the moment my lips met hers, the anger that was inside of me evaporated as if she was sucking away both my pain and my anger.  The relief that I felt with every passing second of her lips on mine forced me to keep my mouth on hers, even though I knew that she already had so many bad experiences in her life.

I'm pacing back and forth in the hallway while listening to the sound of Maya's heavy breathing through the door.  I glance at the time on my watch.  11:06 pm.  Dang, it's getting late, and Maya and I need to get to the Alliance before 12 when the doors remain shut until the morning after.

Last year, I had seen her get raped by that guy last year on our security cameras, but the doors wouldn't open.  The Clandestine wall doesn't open if there's a human standing in front of it.  No matter how hard I tried to slam that door open, it wouldn't budge, and I had to stand there and hear the cries of a girl getting her innocence yanked away from her.  I remember my knuckles turning white and thinking that no one should deserve what was happening to Maya.  I must be a complete dickhead if I'm adding onto those burdens, but I can't stop myself from relieving my pain through her.

Maya's POV

I take slow, deep breaths as I try to calm myself.  I'm getting angrier and angrier the longer I think about Harry and the kiss, and I turn around and bury my face into his pillow before letting out a scream.  The small voice in the back of my mind notes that the pillow smells amazing, but I push it aside as I continue to scream.

I hear the doorknob rattle, and Harry sticks his head into the room.  "Is it safe in here?  I heard screaming.  You won't throw anything if I come in, right?"  Harry smirks.  Why is he in a good mood all of a sudden?  I swear he's bipolar; one second, he's screaming at me to go to hell, and the next second, he pretends like nothing happened the previous five minutes.

"Don't count on it," I grumble and push myself off from his bed.

"Well, let's go, my dad was expecting us fifteen minutes ago."

I sigh.  "I have no choice in the matter, do I?

"Nope, if I have to carry you over my shoulder, kicking and screaming, that's what I'll do."

"It's okay, you can save yourself  the energy; let's go."  I move around him and take the lead until I get to my car.  Harry takes my suitcase and puts it into the trunk as I get in to the driver's seat.  What am I going to tell my mom, my friends?  We've been best friends since we were in fifth grade.  Rose had been teased because she had to wear a headgear, and Wes, Ari, and I were the only ones to defend her and make her feel special.  Since then, we've been inseparable, and I won't let Harry take me from them permanently.  No way.  But I won't stay and let this Niall person kidnap me; it's better if I just come back when Robin says it's safe.

Harry gets into the passenger seat.

"I'm surprised you didn't offer me a ride on your back," I reverse my car from my driveway and head towards Serendipity.  My previous anger has vanished, and I can tell that both of us are trying to avoid the topic about our kiss.

"I probably shouldn't risk it, and if my dad found out I did it, he probably wouldn't ever let me out of his sight," Harry grumbles while looking out of the window.

I give him a nod in acknowledgement, and for the rest of the time to the club, an awkward silence fills the air.

---

Harry leads me to the back alleyway that I remember all too well.  From the club, I can hear the blasting sound of the music and see the bodies moving on each other from the front entrance.