Prologue

"HARRY!!!" I scream as I run through the alleyway with him hot on my heels.  I'm praying that Harry'll hear me screaming his name from Serendipity.  I push my legs faster and faster when I hear him chuckle behind me.

"Do you think you can outrun me?  No one can outrun me.  Not even your little protector," he sneers as he talks about Harry.  How did I get into this mess? I should've listened to Harry.

"AHHH!!" He rams his body into me, and I skid along the cement floor, feeling it tear through my skin.  He grabs my legs and pulls me towards the wall with me kicking and screaming, trying to pull my leg free from his iron grasp.

"You belong to me." He growls and pulls me up into a sitting position.  I flail my arms in front of me trying to get him to back off, but it's no use; he grabs my hands with one of his and locks my hands together.

"Please stop," I whimper as I kick my legs at him.  He sits atop of my legs to keep them from moving and uses his free hand to gather my hair up into a fist.  He uses the handful of my hair to forcefully tilt my head over to the side.

"I need you."  He growls into my neck.  He takes a deep breath and snarls.  "I smell him on you. We've got to change that, don't we?" He licks the area of my neck below my ear, on my pulsing vein before his teeth elongate.

"No one will come to save you.  You're mine."  My eyes widen as I take in his his darkening eyes and his lengthening canines.  I close my eyes and try to bring my head down, but his grip on my hair is too tight.  If it's even possible, the black consumes his eyes entirely as he looks from my face to my neck and back to my face again.

"Don't worry.  You'll love me too after I'm done with you."  He looks down at my neck and before I can respond to him, his teeth pierce the vein on my neck and his mouth latches onto my neck.

"AHHHHH!!!"  I scream bloody murder as I feel my blood being sucked out of my body and into the leech in front of me.  Why couldn't I have been stronger, faster, or smarter?   Instead, I had to be the dumb ass who keeps making mistakes and not doing what I'm told.  My attempts to push him off of me become useless as I feel my body become weaker and weaker with every mouthful of blood he takes from my body.  I wish I would've stayed with Harry.

"Harry!! Harry...Harr..."  I look towards the gates that lead to Serendipity hoping to see Harry come bursting out.  My body begins to shut down and my eyes drift shut, with one last thought on my mind: I can't trust anyone.

-Please vote and comment!!-

If any of you want me to check out your story, I'd love to read it, vote, and give a comment!! I would really appreciate it if you'd read and review my story too <3