Chapter Seven

It was like an itch on his taste buds, the craving for demon blood. The things he could do now were startling even to him, and there was not much left in this world that shocked Sam. He had noticed a tick that would appear when he was starting to withdrawal. Even if Dean he had noticed, he would not let on to Sam right away. When Buffy stepped away to make a few phone calls, Sam slipped away into the bathroom. Splashing a few handfuls of cold water on his face did nothing to sate his desire for her, for the bittersweet flavor of her blood on his lips. He was far overdue for a fix.

"You are Grade A dumb ass, Sam Winchester."

From over his shoulder he heard her voice, and some part of him down deep inside was relieved, it almost made him smile. He hated that. He needed, no... scratch that, he absolutely had to be done with her. Ruby crossed the mirror, his eyes following until she leaned against the graffiti collaged wall, crossing her arms and giving him that disappointed look.

All he could think about was ripping her clothes off and sucking her veins dry.

"Really? The Slayer? Have I taught you nothing, or are you just not listening?"

"You're one to talk about listening-" the tremor in his hands was distracting, "I told you I was done."

"Oh, Sammy," she said in her breathy, condescending way, stepping up finger the collar on his plaid button down teasingly, "We both know you can't go three days, and I know you don't want to even if you could."

"You're wasting your time."

"I've got all day," She smirked, "So, how about a good ol' fuck and suck?"

"Dean's outside," he warned.

"Okay, fine..." Ruby rolled her eyes, "He can watch."

Her proximity was a growing issue, literally. Pushing her away only antagonized her more.

"What's your malfunction here, Sam? I thought we were over this hesitation crap? The things you can do when you drink... no lame ass slayer can do what you do. Can you even comprehend what you unleash with that amulet?"

"I'm losing control of my abilities as it is- there's no way in hell I'm using that amulet."

"That's the point, idiot- you we're bred to lose control. The sooner you figure that out, the better off you'll be. Azazel wasn't kidding when he said you were special. There's only one person who is going to stop Lilith, and it's not going to be Homecoming Queen with a pretty necklace."

"YO!" Dean's voice echoed and he pounded on the bathroom door.

"He's just holding you back."

"He's my brother."

"He's your excuse."

"Do you need some Pepto, or something?" Dean asked, coming through the door impatiently.

It made him jump, and Sam knew he was caught.

"Dude, you good?"

Sam looked at Dean, then back to where Ruby was standing, but had now vanished. Relieved he had avoided being caught in such a compromising situation, he replied with a simple:

"Yeah, sorry."

As Sam passed by him through the doorway, Dean knew. It was the acrid scent of sulfur that gave him away.

"Damnit, Sammy..." Dean whispered to himself.

Apparently, Dean was going to have to kill that hell bitch himself.