Chapter Thirteen

My legs tremble at the sight of him, his blue eyes melting through my soul, reminding me of sheer pain.

"Well, well, well. I guess you are still alive! This will be all more the fun then, won't it! Mitsuko" he sneers, stressing out the syllables like a kid who learned a new word. I glare at him, showing no signs of fear. Instead I force it down on the inside, making my exterior appear to be calm, but ticked.

"Hello," I say, the words slightly altered through my clenched teeth. My feet spread apart in a stance to show I am ready.

"Tadao vs Mitsuko!"

"Begin!"

I quickly piece together the last battle we had. His hawk appears to be nowhere in sight.

"Oi, where's your hawk?" I ask, each of us circling around, not dropping eye contact.

"Won't need him this battle," he sneers back, mocking me. "You should really pay attention more often." My hairs prickle as the voice comes behind me. I sharply rotate, my elbow out as a weapon. However, the joint on my arm fails to connect with his body.

Think. What did he do last battle?

Images pop around in my head, when one zooms into my brain, clearing away all the others. The replay of him lifting me in the air starts in my mind.

I focus chakra in my feet, hoping he would try that technique first. Now suctioned onto the ground, I look around for the enemy. He is nowhere to be seen.

UNDER!

Before I can think, a fist drives up underneath me, sending the ground my feet were suctioned to flying. As the fist reaches my back I gasp for air, choking on nothing.

He isn't paying attention!

I grasp one of the rocks that were sent flying, and focused chakra in my arm. Aiming the best I could, the rock leaves the tender warmth of my hand, and hurdles towards Tadao. His reflexes catch up, allowing him to remove his vital spots from the line of fire, but the stone catches him in the stomach, making him stagger.

I land on my back, sprawled across dirt and concrete. Soon the boy is standing over me, smirking as he raises his fist, bursting with chakra, aimed for my stomach. As his knuckles prepare to pummel my abdomen, I quickly raise my hand.

Our hands contact, and I immediately feel his chakra surge through my body painfully. I grasp my left arm, attempting to coax the pain out.

"My Sensei teaches me good Taijutsu," he says, pointing to my vibrating arm. I hear a shout from the audience, something about claiming their Sensei was better. He turn to face them, and I reach my fist back, attempting to hit the side of his face.

A heel comes crashes down upon my left fist, sending it at a funny angle. I shriek in pain, receiving another set of blows to the stomach. He backs away, expecting a fight back, which I prepare to gift him with. I hide a kunai in my palm, hoping this will work.

Please work.

I reach my arm back in a punch, but before I can make contact, he blocks with his arms. That's when I dispatch a kunai, slashing his forearm, making him wince in pain. I smile at my little plan, but it quickly fades as he re-enters the fight, but surging with more anger than before.

He punches my solar plexus, knocking the wind out of me. Using my last breath, I stick his fist to my chest with chakra. Using the few moments I had bought myself with his surprise, I kick him in the manly area, causing him to hunch over in pain.

I jump back, using my spare time to draw out my sword. I would have to use normal fighting skills, due to the lack of water in this tower.

Which sadly I suck at using.