Prologue

Hey my name is Emily! this is my 1st story and it is represented from my favorite movies and my favorite books to read about! I hope you like it and sorry if there are any spelling errors.

Prologue

You know those stories your parents used to read to you at night before you go to bed? I’m pretty sure they were called fairytales, or something along those lines. My favorite one was about the girl with the very long hair, Rapunzel that was her name right? Well I used to make my dad read that story to me all the time. One day he got tired of it and chose the one about the girl who had the evil step-mother and two step-sisters. I used to think the poor girl was brave until I lived the story. Everyone knows this story; Cinderella became a slave in her own house and then came out on top by marrying the prince.   Well that is basically my life as well expect my prince wasn’t even a prince. However before I get into that sad and rather interesting story let me first introduce myself. My name is Kylie Jones; I am 5’7” with long blonde hair and bright blue eyes. Since I was two years old, it has always been just me and my dad because my mom had passed away from cancer. My dad says I remind him of her, but because of my age I don’t really remember her that well. My dad must have felt the need to support me with a mother-figure because by the time I was 6 years old, Sarah was introduced into my life. Normally I wouldn’t have minded another women in our life, but Sarah brought into the picture my two stepsisters; Brittany and Nicole. Those two were the pure definition of morons. Truth was Sarah didn’t like me from the start, I think it was because I was interfering in her plans of having everything perfect. When she met my dad, he was just opening his second restaurant, which to this day still thrives. The first one is where my second family works, all the coworkers have been part of the business since my mom and dad started it before I was born. That was my mom’s dream, owning her own chain of restaurants all over the world. Sarah didn’t understand that part; she only understood having a successful husband. Brittany and Nicole were the same as their mother, they made sure to remind me just how different I was to them. My life continued that way until I was eleven years old. My dad died in a fire that happened in the first restaurant. I lost my best friend that night, and with that my freedom to do whatever I wanted in life. Sarah got everything that night including me, which only meant she could raise me the way she wanted to.  To her I was nothing but a slave who could finish all her duties in a blink of an eye. She made my life miserable, but I was soon to realize that at age 16 I had more power than she could ever have. This is where my story starts 4 years and a day later, where I was counting down the hours until my 16th birthday. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N I hope you guys enjoyed this introduction.