Chapter 4- The Bait (Jace's POV)

After I texted Kylie and decided that I was going to figure out a new plan in order to get her to my party Friday, I knew I needed the backup. I texted my best friend and told him to meet me in the gym with the other main guys in our group. As soon as the bell rung signaling the end of homeroom and the start of first period I bolted out of the room and made my way to the gym. I wanted to get this meeting over with quickly because I wanted to see my mate again. "Yo bro, what is it that is so urgent you made me skip first period, I mean the day just started." My best friend Trey Daniels asked me strolling into the gym with our gamma Morgan and buddy JD following behind him. "I need your help with something, I need you to make sure Kylie Jones makes it to the party on Friday, whatever you have to do to make her get there, do it." I said rather straight to the point, like I said I wanted to see my mate again. "Okay, but why do you want her there, it's not like she means any-"Before he could continue I cut him off with a growl, he was about to say something insulting about my mate and my wolf was not allowing that. "Dude, what the hell, you just growled at me, wait, is she your mate?" Trey said, his eyes widening with shock. I sighed and nodded my head knowing I needed to calm myself down. "Man, we didn't know, Congrats on finding your mate Jayce." Morgan said with a brief nod towards me. I nodded back at him and walked out of the gym, we already were late to class so I decided to go for a run to clear my head. As soon as I made it to the woods I shifted into my wolf and ran the border checking to make sure they were secure again. Half way through my run JD mind-linked me; "Dude, I think I have an idea on how to get your mate to the party, there is a new girl in town that has gotten herself quite cozy with your girl". I ran back to where I dumped my clothes and shifted back into my human form, before telling JD to meet me in the cafeteria with more information. When I met him we made the plan we would get both the girls to come to the party, now to only put this plan into action. The bell rung signaling the end of first period, grabbing my things I headed towards my next class where I bumped into my mate and who I assumed was the new girl. I stepped into their way and asked how they were doing with my well-known smile on my face. It must have worked because the new girl tried to hit on me, expect this time I wasn't going to put any girl in front of my mate. I invited them to the party and walked off after hearing that they would be there. However I heard my mate ask the new girl why she would say that they both would be there. I'm guessing I need to put more of my plan into action, starting with my boy JD. I texted him explaining that his role in the plan started now and that he needed to do whatever it took to ensure that Kylie made it to the party. Stage two of the plan just began and I was determined for it to succeed.