ChapterTen; I'm Not A Player

Someone knocked on my door. "What?" I half-yelled, still wiping the sleep from my eyes. "Claire, can I come in?" Oh lord, it was Justin. "I don't see why not." I said. He slowly opened the door, and stepped in. He was wearing white skinny jeans, and a purple t-shirt.

"Can we please go for a walk?" He asked. "I need to get dressed. I'll meet you downstairs when I'm done. Now out." I rolled over, and stretched. I got up, and walked over to mt closet. I pulled out a pink skirt, and a gray tanktop. I got dressed, brushed my teeth, fixed my hair, and put on somen flip flops. I headed downstairs, and grabbed a banana.

No one was awake yet. Then, I saw that it was 7 o' clock. On a Saturday. I groaned, and walked out the door. Justin was standing outside, leaning against the pole. I waved to him, and he smiled.

"Hey" he said. "Hi. What'd you have to talk to me about?" I asked, looking up at him. He looked down at the ground for a few mokents, then he put his hands in his pockets. "Justin." It seemed as if he just remembered I was there.

"Claire. I uh..I mean..I don't want you to hate me. I know you saw me with those girls yesterday, and I wanted you to know I didn't want to be with them. They were threatening me, and..I didn't want to get hurt.." He rambled. He was nervous, and I could tell.

"Justin, I care for your safety and all, but...Why would I care what girls you're with?" I asked, looking at him again. He stammered, "B-because I don't want you to think I'm a player." I had to giggle. He sounded like a little boy when he said that. "Justin, I don't think you're a player, okay? You're ly best friend, and you always will be." I stopped, turning to him.

He looked down at me, and gave me a quick hug. We kept walking, just talking, joking, and catching up. He told me why he left, what he does now, what being a star is like, etc. He's gotten funnier. Alot funnier. I actually had alot of fun. Being with him made me feel safe.