ChapterEight; I Think I'm In Love With You

Part 8

After we stopped by the police station, we walked home, laughing and joking together. The cops said they'd find the man as soon as possible. Chaz told me not to worry about it. He didn't have to say it twice

He walked me to the front door, and hugged me. "Thanks for hanging out with me today. I had fun." He said, and smiled. "Thank you for being here for me." I said in return. He walked off towards his house. I unlocked the front door, and walked inside.

I could hear Pattie and my mom chattering in the kitchen. "Hey, mom. Hey, Pattie." I said as I walked in the kitchen, with a huge smile on my face. "What's up, Claire?" Pattie said, returning a smile. "Oh, not much." I opened the fridge, and grabbed a bottle of water. I was about to walk out of the kitchen, when my mom stopped me.

"Claire. How woupd you feel about going on tour with Justin?" She said. My mouth dropped, and I didn't know what to say. "Wha...? I-I don't know. We're not really...you know, best friends, like we used to be. I thought I was going somewhere else?" I stammered. "Chaz amd Ryan will be going, too. I told you to pack, but I figured I should tell you where you're going. It'll be fun." I just nodded. "I guess."

I walked out, and stalked up the stairs to my room. I passed the guest room, and heard talking. I stopped, and slowly, quietly pressed my ear to the door.

"...I don't know."

"How do I tell her?"

"I don't want her to think I'm using her, Ryan. She's already seen me with two other girls, in the same day!"

"...They had threatened me. I didn't want to get hurt; or get Claire hurt."

"How do I explain that?"

"...Okay, well, I'll try.."

"Bye."

I turned away and ran back to my room. He wasn't talking about me, right? No, he couldn't be. He barely knew me anymore. What do I do now? In the midst of my thoughts, my phone rang. My heart began to pound in my chest.

At first, I thought about just ignoring it. But then I saw the caller ID. Chaz. I ran to it. "Hello?" I said, breathing hard. Hopefully he couldn't tell. "Claire, I've gotta talk to you. Can you meet me outside?".

"Yeah! I'll be out in a few." I hung up the phone, and threw on a hoodie. Walking outside, I looked to my right, an saw Chaz sitting on his porch swing. I jogged over to him, sitting down on the swing.

"Hey!" I said, smiling up at him. "Can I tell you something, Claire?" He said, staring down at his hands. "Anything." I said, kind of nervous now.

"Claire, I know we're best friends. I don't want to ruin thatbor anything, either. But, I think...I want to do it for days on end with you".