Good Enough - Chapter 12

The week flew by and soon enough it was the night of the party Mick had asked me to go to with him. It was at his friend Jay's house. Jay was another football player, of course, and I hadn't been introduced to him yet. His girlfriend was one of the queen's posse members so I wasn't expecting to be welcomed with open arms.

Mick kept telling me to relax about it, that he wouldn't let anyone treat me poorly. That was nice of him and all but, how could he guarantee that unless he stuck by my side all night? I didn't want him to feel chained to my side, so I decided to just go with the flow, and deal with whatever happens.

Cappy was coming with us. She didn't hesitate when I asked her to, she knew I'd probably need her for support. Of course, I didn't tell Mick that, just said she wanted to tag along. He was totally cool with it. 

Mick picked us up and he and Cappy talked the whole way there. I loved seeing my best friend and my *boyfriend* (not sure since we hadn't really said that's what we are yet) getting along so well. Mick loved Cappy's spunkiness and she loved that he'd finally noticed me, and how good he was to me of course. The radio blared as I watched the houses go by, my nerves starting to escalate a bit. It wasn't because of the queen really, it was just entering a whole new world with Mick...Mick's world. 

It had been amazing spending so much time with just him this week, but now his friends too? They'd never paid one bit of attention to me before. My insecurities were at a major high at the moment. 

We pulled up to a gigantic house and got out. The loud beat of the music was deafening, I could barely hear what Mick was telling me.

"What?"

He pulled me close and leaned in close to my ear. "You look hot."

I smiled as we started to walk to the house, Cappy on one side of me, Mick on the other. I was glad he liked how I looked. I'd spent more time getting ready than I'd ever admit. I'd chosen a denim mini-skirt, a lacy black tank-top, and black strappy sandals. My toenails were painted a light pink. My hair was curled and put up in a high ponytail, with a few strands framing my face. My eyes were highlighted with a smoky look, and a light apricot lipstick brushed my lips. 

We made it inside and immediately we were swarmed with all of Mick's buddies.

"Hey man," one said, clapping him on the back.

"Bout time you got here dude."

"Beth's been looking for you," that was Jay, the host of the party. I inwardly groaned.

I felt Mick stiffen and wasn't surprised when he said, "So? She knows I don't want anything to do with her. And this here is Andie and her friend Cappy. They're with me tonight, get my drift?"

Jay put his hands up in a surrender stance and backed up a few steps. "No need to get all douchey on me dude. I'm just the messenger."

Mick's arm tightened around my waist. "I'm not, I'm just letting y'all know not to mess with them."

I hardly wanted the night to start off this way so I smiled and let out a light laugh. "Don't worry Mick, they'll be great. Thanks for having us," I looked at Jay when I said that.

He smiled and nodded, about to respond when his girlfriend, Charity the posse member, draped herself around him. 

"There you are," she whined, her tone of voice at an annoyingly high octave. "I've been looking all over for you baby."

Mick pulled me away, just as I caught her glare. Cappy walked with us, making me laugh when she stuck her finger in her throat, indicating how Charity made her sick. She made me feel the same way.