A Stranger Twist Of Fate -- Robert Downey Jr

"Eighteen years old and I'm going to be working on a movie!" I scoffed to myself, it still didn't feel real and I was sure that I'd wake up at any moment. Well, it wasn't as glamorous as actually acting in the movie but hey! Even working as a hair and makeups assistance sounded really good.

"When do you start?" My mother asked as I bounced my way into the kitchen. "Tomorrow at 6am, I'm so excited but nervous at the same time. I feel sick!" My mum just laughed at me. "You'll be fine darling. Honest." I smiled. Grabbed myself a handful of strawberries and headed back to my room.

That night past slowly, I didn't think it could go any slower. But as soon as my alarm clock started beeping this morning, I was out of bed quicker than a jack rabbit. I showered, brushed my teeth and straightened my hair. I chose simple clothes for today, skinny jeans and a tank top.

I looked myself over in the mirror before leaving. My bright (artificial) red hair reached just past my shoulder blades. My green eyes seemed to stand out more but something was missing. Ah, yes! Eyeliner! I made sure not to go over board with it but put just enough on to make my eyes stand out.

Now, I was ready! I took to the stairs two at a time. My mother wished me good luck as I bolted for the door. I got into my car, reversed out of the drive way, I took a deep breath. This was it. I was on my way!!

I pulled up outside of a huge building. Obviously! I don't know what I was expecting but I certainly didn't expect it to be this big. I got out of my car and rang the bell that was just beside the gate.

"Hello?" A gruff mans voice came over the telecom. "H.h.hello. I'm here to start my new job. Hair and makeup assistant?" I stuttered out. "Oh yes! When the gates open come to right, I'll give you your personnel badge."

The gates hummed and buzzed for a second before opening. I stepped through, taking in as much of my surroundings as I could. I walked over to the right and saw a trailer with the word "security" on it. This must be it. Obviously!!

I knocked on the door and entered. "You must be Alice?" The greeting security guard asked as I walked in. "Yes, Alice Ramsay" I smiled. "Nice to meet you Alice. I'm Jeff, head of security. Now, if you have any problems you come to me. Ok?" I smiled and nodded.

He handed me a badge, "this is your personnel badge. It allows you to go anywhere on site. Ok? Come on I'll show you around"

We left his trailer and walked right past the huge building. "That's the studio. They film a lot of the scenes there. But down past here is your trailer and the actors trailers." Once I had gotten past the building that's when I realised what movie it was that I was helping out with.

There were seven trailers all next to each other on the right hand side and a few more scattered to the left. And in the middle of those were a few more trailers. The closes to me had a sign on the side "hair and makeup".

"You'll be sharing that trailer with Janine. She's our head makeup artist and hairstylist." I just nodded. I couldn't even reply because I was reading all the other trailers.

Scarlet/black widow. Jeremy/Hawkeye . Chris H/Thor. Chris E/captain America. Tom/Loki. Mark/Hulk and last but not least. Robert/Iron Man.

At that moment the door to the last trailer opened, "alright, alright. Geez! You'd think I was a superhero or summit." He walked down the steps, still looking in the direction of his trailer. He spun on the heel of his foot, still laughing. That was until he clocked eyes with me. His smile turned from a cheerful one to a seductive one.

I looked around me just to make sure it was me he was smiling at. And it was. He was still walking towards me. Towards me!! My inner fan girl started to freak out but I managed to stay calm on the outside. By this point he was only a few steps away from us.

"Hey, Jeff. How's it hanging?" He asked the security guard. His eyes never leaving mine. "Hey, not so bad. Yourself?" They exchanged a few greetings and other male bonding stuff until Jeff realised I was still here. "I'm sorry. How rude of me? This is Alice. Alice this Robert Downey Jr."