Chapter 4

I became silent, my eyes left Robert and stated blankly at my tea. "I'm sorry, I must leave." I whispered. Robert looked shocked and hurt. I felt As if I had just kicked a puppy. "What? Why? Do you not like it here? Is it me?" He quizzed. Still looking rather hurt and stunned.

My eyes never left my cup. I couldn't bare to look at those puppy dog eyes. "In all fairness Robert. Aren't you married? Won't she mind you being here?" I didn't want to beat around the bush and I didn't want to go on feeling a little bit like a tart. He leant back in his chair. I took this opportunity to look at him. He had a serious look on his face.

"Alice, I'm not going to lie to you. I was married, it fell apart some months ago and we are divorcing as I speak. It's a long process." His eyes never left my face and I could tell he was sincere. "Well, I'm so sorry to hear that but how about we make the most of this and try to have a bit of a giggle?"

His serious look vanished and he smiled wickedly at me. I went to take a sip of my tea which turned out to be the worst idea in the world because as soon as the Rim of the cup hit my lips Robert scratched his fingers down my kneecap making me spill the contents of my cup down my shirt.

I glared at him whilst shaking the bottom of my top so the hot liquid didn't burn my tummy. "You...are...an...absolute...tool." He was shaking with laughter. "I am so sorry. Actually, no I'm not!" He laughed harder as I took my foot and scraped it down his shin.

He screamed like a girl. Startling the other patrons. "Now, I'm going to have to go home all wet!" He looked at my shirt then back at me, "go to the bathroom. Take it off. I'll be waiting by the door. Open it a crack. And give me your shirt." Since I didn't want to go home wet and tea stained I did as I was told.

As soon as the shirt was off, I opened the door just enough to shove my hand out with the shirt. "Thank you. This is for you," he handed me what felt like a large t shirt. I brought it back into the bathroom and put it on. It was warm, it smelt musky and of a mans deodorant. This was when I realised it was his shirt. I smelt myself. Taking in his scent. It was delicious.

I left the bathroom making sure I shut the door behind me. That's when I noticed. Robert was stood by the door with my shirt on! "Shall we leave?" I nodded. We got to my car and he still insists on driving. "Now, shall I drop you off home or would you be too embarrassed to be seen in public with me in this.." He pinched the edge of the purple shirt he had on. I couldn't help but laugh. He looked as though he could barely move.

"I don't think I'd be embarrassed. Why what have you got in mind?"