Chapter 5

Harry's strong hand took a firm grip around my arm as he dragged me to his side of the pool table.

"Haley, what the hell are you doing?"  

The words came as a shock to me and I had no idea what to say. I didn't even know myself why I was there.  

"What? Can't I hang out wherever I want to anymore?"  

Yes, I managed to say something and my voice did a good job carrying the words despite my pounding heart.  

"Stop it! We both know this is not your type of place to hang out at. Let me drive you home."  

I was going to protest, but Harry had once again a strong grip around me and was on his way to the exit. As we walked through the bar, I noticed the earlier eager eyes, which had all stared at me walking in, were now doing everything in their power to not look at me or Harry. I think I know why. They were afraid of Harry.  

Outside the bar Harry let me go from his grip and stopped to look at me. His hand pushed my hair back and gently touched my cheek. The aggressive Harry was long gone. His beautiful smile enhanced his face as he lent forward to kiss me. His lips found their way to my ear. His raspy voice whispered so close to my ear it made my whole body tremble.  

"I want to show you something."  

My hand held his as he showed me the way. After just a few minutes Harry stopped. We were standing on a lawn. As far as my eyes could see, I couldn't find the end of the lawn, it was huge. Harry started to walk again. Suddenly his hand pulled me down and we fell to the ground. We were laying on thousands of daisies. The ground was covered with them, like a blanket on a cold winter night. The smell of flowers was everywhere and the night surrounded us with its gentle touch of wind. This was perfection at its best. I couldn't stop smiling.  

"Now look up, Haley."  

My eyes obeyed Harry and found their way up towards the sky. I gasped as the sight filled my eyes. The sky was full of stars. It wasn't that ordinary star-spangled sky you can see from your bedroom window. You couldn't even see the sky because of all the stars lighting it up. It was like thousands of little lights, shining just for Harry and me.  

I turned to Harry and laid my hand on his. He dragged me closer, so close I could feel the beat of his heart. For a while we just laid there, filled with the moment, filled with the company of each other.  

"I can't figure you out, Harry."  

The words left my mouth before I even realized I was saying them. Harry smiled and let his fingers gently slide over my knuckles.  

"Not even I can."