The Crash

It all happened in an instant. It was one of those things that happened so quickly, you didn't even get a chance to speak or think...or even breathe. Her mind was blank. Her body was numb. For once in her life, she was scared. Arie. Arie was that girl who wasn't afraid to do anything. She was entirely fearless when it came to everything and anything. Except for spiders. Everyone hates those. She was gentle. She loved to make people happy. She had everything together. She had everything figured out. Right up until the crash. That's when everything fell apart. All she wanted and dreamed of was put aside and replaced by fear. All because of the crash.
*earlier that day*
Arie : Hey, Em, I'm going by library with my friends. Are you gonna be okay here? Izzy is still asleep from surgery.
Emily : Yeah I'll be fine. And are you sure you're just studying? You look kinda like you're going in a date.
Me : *smirking* Yes I'm sure. I'll be back in a couple hours.
I hugged her and got in the car. Ever since my dad left to find my mom, I hug my sisters as if it's the last time I see them. No one expects a person they love to leave forever. When I got to the library I was greeted by my friends. 3 guys and a girl. I've always had better luck with guy friend's. They are so much nicer than girls. Aaron, who was taller than me and really sweet and really cute, Aiden who was really sarcastic and shorter than me, and Ashton who was really shy at times but when you get to know him he's amazing and in ways... hes kinda...adorable.
Then there was Taylor. She was very bold and rude at times but she was one of the best friends I've had. We were all meeting up to hang out at the pizza place next to the library. Hey I said "by the library" didn't I?
Taylor : Guuurll what took you so long? In the time you took we could've eaten, played arcade games, slept woke up and ate again.
I playfully glared at her.
Me : hi guys.
They all said hi and gave me a hug.
Aiden : Hey, Ariel I'm taller than you now.
Me : Nuh uh stand up!
He stood up but sure enough he was towering over me completely. He immaturely stuck his tongue out as did I. Ash and Aaron just laughed in amusement.
Ashton : *laughing* C'mon Ariel, it was gonna happen sooner or later.
Aaron : Arie I actually think you are the short one now. *winks*
Okay oddly enough... I dated Aaron. He's amazing but.. is it weird I have a crush on Ash?? Ugh whatever. We ate the pi- no, let me rephrase that. Taylor and I ate pizza while Aaron, Ashton and Aiden nearly choked it down because they were trying to figure out who could eat the most cheese pizza. Here's how that went. They kept eating until they ran out of cheese pizza. Then they went to surpreme. Aaron only eats cheese pizza so he stopped and Ashton nearly recreated the food all over the floor ( gross, but, NEARLY) so he stopped to avoid that. Aiden won and ended up falling asleep in the booth. We all decided to come back to my house. When we got in I saw my older sister, age 18, Izzy unconscious on the floor and my youngest sister, age 16, Emily cooking a microwaveable chicken Alfredo. My friends stand in shock as anger fills my eyes.
Me : Emily!!! WHAT'S WRONG WITH HER?!?
She looked up from the box.
Emily : Oh, she mumbled something about her head and her heart and she just fell asleep right there.
She was so oblivious. Ugh so oblivious.
Me : You didn't bother to call me???
Emily : She's only sleeping! !
Me : How do you know???!
Emily : Because I felt her wrist and barely a pulse was there. That means she's asleep.
My heart stopped. I rushed over to my sister. I picked her up, her body, limp and lifeless. I took her over my shoulders, struggling to get her into the car to take her to the hospital. My friends got in their cars to follow me there. My sister and I were arguing. She had to drive since I was holding her in the back seat.
Me : WHY DIDN'T YOU CALL ME?! WHAT IF SOMETHING HAPPENED TO HER?!
Emily : WELL SHE'S ALWAYS SO DRAMATIC I ASSUMED SHE WANTED ATTENTION SO I IGNORED HER
Me : SHE WAS JUST IN FREAKING SURGERY WHAT ATTENTION WOULD SHE POSSIBLY WANT FROM YOU
Emily : GOSH ARIEL I HATE YOU
My eyes welled up. Before I got to speak I was cut of by a scream and a teuck horn. A crash. Blairing sirens and incoherent mumbling were all I heard before my body was taken over by the state of darkness.