After Shock

"I hate you."
Those three words played through my mind in perfect sync. The last words she said to me. I was watching the two people who shared my blood, the two people who loved me unconditionally crash and burn while I was fine. The tears. Stained cheeks. Unforgivable silence. It all didn't seem real. My parents...... No....no.....NO!!
I jerked myself awake but kept my eyes closed. I could feel tension in the room, the wires begging to impale my skin, blood bags, and I finally remembered. The crash. I opened my eyes slightly just enough to experience the most heartbreaking scene. Taylor was bawling her eyes out, Aaron was crying...he never cries. Ashton looked like he'd been crying, and Aiden all in all just looked ticked off. None of them knee I was awake. I opened my mouth to speak in hopes to cheer them up.
Me : *hoarsely* Guys...
They all looked up as if they saw a ghost and they ran over to me and gave me gentle but strong hugs.
Taylor : Y-You were in a coma we didn't know if you'd make it
Me : A coma? How long?
Ashton : 3 days.
Me : Oh my gosh...
Aiden :Arie..during the accident
The doctors barged into my hospital room.
Doctor : oh good you're awake...I'm afraid we have some bad news..
I sat up to listen.
Doctor : You're younger sister...accidentally....umm...Emily...
The way the car landed killed you're older sister Izzy.
My heart stopped. Everything around me was spinning. I tried to speak but words couldn't come out of my mouth. I tried to breathe but the air wasn't coming out. I could feel myself shaking as my heart seemed to have been pounding louder and louder. It was a feeling I've never had before. I had no control. Noting I could say or do could change anything and it made me....it....it made me...scared.
Me : K..Killed?
Doctor : I'm so sorry Ariel.
She undid the wires from my arm and gave me my clothes to get out of the hospital gown.
Doctor : You may leave.
I nodded in response. It was all I could do. A lump formed in my throat as i got ready to leave. Emily said nothing as her and my friends followed me out. I had fractured my arm and broken my rib. White bandages and a cast on my arm said it all. Ash carefully helped me into the car he and Aaron came in. Aiden took my sister in his. The car ride was mostly worried eyes and silence. Every now and then, comforting whispers would ring throughout the car but other than that silence. I didn't speak. The silence said enough. When we got to my house, the boys went to go get food and left my sister and i to grieve a bit. But it was the exact opposite.
Me : You told me you hated me...
Emily : Ariel...
I laughed dryly tears now filling my eyes, I shook my head and smiled.
Me : You told me that you hated me and you just killed my sister.
Emily : Ariel it was an acci-
Me : DON'T YOU DARE FINISH THAT SENTENCE. ACCIDENT OR NOT WE WOULD'VE NEVER HAD TO GET IN THE CAR IF YOU WEREN'T SO BUSY TRYING TO EAT YOUR STUPID CHICKEN ALFREDO! !
Emily : SOO???!?!? YOU ACT LIKE YOU HAD NO FAULT IN THIS. IF YOU WEREN'T GONE SO LONG THEN YOU COULD'VE TAKEN CARE OF HER INSTEAD OF PUSHING IT ON ME!
Now I was in tears.
Me : PUSHING IT ON YOU!?!?!? SHE'S NOT JUST MY SISTER! SHE WAS OUR SISTER. YOU ALWAYS TALK ABOUT HOW YOU WANT TO BE TREATED LIKE AN ADULT BUT YOU HAVE THE MIND FRAME OF A CHILD!!
The room went quiet. She shook her head at me.
Emily : *crying* Accident or not......the crash wasn't half the accident you are.
My heart shattered. I walked out the front door crying. I held the 'sisters' cup Emily bought me and I through it onto the floor, watching it crash into pieces. Broken and useless. That how I felt. Broken and useless. Anger and rage came over me...like..like I needed to run away. I grabbed my purse and ran as fast as I could. I didn't know where I was going. I barely knew how to get back home. I ran until I couldn't anymore. Tears brimming in my eyes. I stopped out, of breath and upset. I looked around. I was surrounded by trees and complete nothingness. It was nothing I had ever experienced before... it was...peace.