Chapter 1 - The First Day

What a great weather to start school isn't it? I wonder what my school looks like. The invitation says that it is inside this infamous Ghoul Forest. Why did they name it like that in the first place, what the heck? By the way, I'm bad at directions, could you help me to go there?

*facepalm*

Sorry, I forgot that you're just a reader.

*laughs*

Moving on, luckily I've got a map here. I wonder where I am. I'll just ask a random stranger.

"Excuse me miss, what's the name of this place? I'm kinda lost and I need to go to the Ghoul Forest."

"We're at District 4, but why would you go to that forest?"

"Well I---"

*kaboom!*

Suddenly, there's been a large explosion nearby. I can see the people running away from it's direction. I look back on the lady that I'm talking with when a bright light blinds me for seconds.

*flap*

*flap*

*flap*

I heard the sound of wings flying into mid-air and then, there were continuous explosions from afar. As I regain my sight, I saw something floating on the sky. I can't see it clearly, just two white wings which I thought as an angel and there are some yellow beam-like objects coming out on it's front. Turning my head on the direction it's going, I got shocked when I saw a large purple monster on a rampage.

*growl*

It summoned four creatures. One of them is coming on my direction, I stepped back a little and as I turned around...

*wind*

Something suddenly came right past of me as I hear the sound of bones breaking apart and blood pouring like rain. I look at my back and saw a tiny creature - somewhat cute and adorable - kneeling.

"Wh--what are you?"

"Master, the time has come for you to return."

I can't quite get what it's trying to say but hearing that it called me master, I said to myself that it could be a friend.

"What do you mean? What are you talking about?"

"I know that its hard for you to believe this, but you're a demon prince. Your father, King Minci Zenomarc together with our people are waiting for your return!"

I accepted the fact that it knows my father's name. I haven't seen my family for a decade now. Wonder what really happened back then. But its so hard to believe it. I feel like I'm dreaming or something. Whether if what it's saying is the truth or a lie to make me it's possession, I have to make sure. I wanted to know about the truth on what's happening right now.

*rumbles*

The ground breaks apart in front of me as it pulls me downwards. As we go down, instead of the temperature being hotter and hotter, I can feel the gentleness of the wind, a cool breeze from below. Relaxing. I can barely see things. On the deepest part, there's a light sparkling, it gets larger and larger until we got consumed by it.
A scenery of a peaceful land welcomes me. Confused from where I appeared, it talks to me.

"Master, please follow me to the castle."

It flies away. But how on earth am I going to follow it if I can't even fly?!
It stares at me for a moment then finally realizes that I don't know how to fly. It comes down and changes into a beautiful female human-like form.

"Please let me hold your hand master. I'll take you there."

She smiles as she spreads her hand towards me. I grabbed it with no second-thoughts as she quickly took of with me.
The view from the top is so beautiful, its my first time to see something like this.
A gigantic castle floating on the sky suddenly appears from thin clouds as she tells me that we've finally arrive at the entrance of the castle.
Trumpets horned as gongs echoed in my arrival. Everything looks like a fantasy game to me. She told me to follow the red carpet until I reach the throne room where my dad, the king is waiting.

*footsteps*

As I walk through the corridor, I felt like the wind is changing.

*swish!*

Something very fast and invisible goes through my forehead as I got a headache.

*cling cling*

Two guards come to my aid, while she asks me if I remember everything now.

"Yes I do...I'm the heir of the one thousand seven hundred eighty-eighth generation king of the Demon Kingdom."

The thing that went right through me is a spell from my father to remove the seal that he gave me forbidding my brain to remember my demon past so that I could live like a normal human on Earth ten years ago.
As I walk here, let me apologize for the late introduction. My name is Rivals Demongar or rather Zenomarc, the second prince of His Majesty, King Minci.