Chapter 4 - Two Headed Dog

Third day, and I still don't know when I'll be able to attend school. I think I need to talk to dad about this matter. I don't want to waste my scholarship. But before doing that, I need to head at the Guild Hall, Lucius said that we're going on a Quest. I wonder if the creature that we'll going to hunt is tough. 

*knock*

Ace knocked on my door, I can hear him saying that Lucius and Emma are already waiting for us. I open the door as I was taken by surprise that Red and Luna were there too.

"Ryder, let me give this to you." Red gave me a Diamond gemstone. He also told me that Luna made one for each of us. Sapphire for Ace, Ruby for him, Emerald for Luna, Amethyst for Lucius, and Garnet for Emma.

"They are for storing equipment in a closed space whereas the gem is the foundation of it's existence. I don't know the maximum limitation of the object that you can store in there, all I know is that it depends on the magical power of the holder. According to mother, who helped me make these gems,  there are sometimes an occurrence where the gem will emit light and will power up the weapons stored in it. There are different effects too which is yet to be discovered." Luna explained.

I examine the diamond as it transforms into a ring with a wide shoulder, two side stones and a center stone. I face the dagger above the ring then the center stone shines as my dagger disappears on my hand. The transparent color of the stone turns black. Luna was surprised, telling me that the center stone part of the ring is now infected with dark energy. It's an effect of the gem which boosts up the weapon's DARK ATTRIBUTE.

"Anyway, let's go to the Guild Hall now guys." Red happily ends the talk.

As we got inside the Guild Hall, we saw Emma drinking on her own, clad in silver armor.
She asks us to join her, Ace hastily sits on the chair and drinks. Red follows while Luna seems to be looking for someone.

"Looking for Lucius?" I asked her.

"Y--yeah."

They are very close to each other. No wonder why she treats him like a relative, and vice-versa. Emma puts her tankard down as she starts talking to Luna, 

"He's already on the Quest's Site. I think it's Phantom Cave? Guess he sneaks inside to analyze our enemy."

*burp*

A sudden noise of fullness emerged. Woah, Ace just drank a gallon of wine. A...royal wine? If I know, one costs a dozen cash. Really though.

*activates*

The Guild Portal opened. So Lucius is back. He heads to our direction as he simultaneously pats Luna's head on the way.

"They are much more stronger than I thought. You guys might have a hard time beating the underlings."

A messenger comes to us and gives me a letter. It states here:

GUILD

Congratulations Master Ryder.
You have ascended into a new Guild Rank.
Now you can equip one rank higher weapons.

The messenger then leaves as Emma slaps me in the back and tells me that I should be well-equipped before going on a quest.
We head to the armoury so that I could return the sword and replace it with a new one. I grab a long sword embedded with a yellow stone. Instead of my waist, I put the sword on my back. Emma then brings me a wide variety of armours. I chooses a leather armor which is light, so that I could move fast. We return to the Guild Hall.