Chapter 4

Chapter 4;

We marched steadily onwards towards the battle arena. The battle wouldn’t start until all teams had reached and were ready when they arrived at the battle arena but I kept my wand and celery stick at hand just in case.

The troops whispered to each other as we made our way. Hogsmeade seemed eerily quiet.

Once we reached the top of the hill where you could view the Shrieking Shack we caught sight of the enemy. James and his pet troll, who I have now nicknamed Stinky because saying his pet troll takes too long, were standing in front of a large amount of Hogwarts students. Al was hopping from foot to foot to the left of James. They watched us as we took our positions.

Ally and I stepped in front of our team with Louis on my left as he was a Private. I turned to face my team.

“Ok soldiers, the battle commences on my signal. Oh by the way we have to win but no pressure,” I smiled innocently at them.

Ally and I began walking towards James and Stinky. They saw us approaching and walked forward to meet us in the middle.

“Terms?” James asked.

“First one to die loses. Agreed?” I stated putting out my hand for him to shake.

“Agreed,” he nodded shaking my hand.

They were always the terms we had for each fight James and I had. It was a joke of course but it always cracked me up when I first heard it. Of course if you die you lose, that’s how Uncle Harry defeated Voldemort!

We strode on back to our team and faced the enemy.

“Deda dem. Dem dem dem,” Ally hummed.

“Way to the set the mood with your cowboy standoff music, Puff Daddy,” I joked.

“That’s a great movie. You loved it too when my Dad showed it to you.”

I shrugged but secretly agreed with her. I do love Muggle movies especially ones with cowboys. It would have been better though if they rode unicorns instead of horses.

“Ok, team Cool Cats. Let’s kick some tush?” I shouted. I received shouts of agreement and gestured to move in on the target.

James did the same and the battle had begun.

I ran forward, attempting to make my way to James first. If you take out the leader, the rest will fall easily. Unfortunately for me, I didn’t realise how good Al was at being in charge of battle tactics for his team.

As soon as the battle had begun, Al and his friends had surrounded James making him harder to get through. Trying to take on five fourth years on my own, even though I am amazing at fighting, would be incredibly stupid.

So as any great leader does, I decided to pick a fight with someone smaller and weaker. I spotted Rose looking around for someone to fight and decided she was small and weak enough.

She took after her Mum with her brains and bushy brown hair. She was quite small for her age and was a perfect candidate for duelling. Mostly because I knew I’d win.

She saw me coming towards her and raised her wand.

“Hello Rosie Posie,” I smirked as I raised my wand to meet her own.

“Nicky,” she stated sourly. “Why don’t you pick on someone your own age?”

“Well, because of your dear cousins plans I can’t get at James and I can’t stand six feet away from Scott or else I might vomit. So I decided I should just fight you.”