Awkward encounter

My alarm filled the room with guitars and screaming at 5am. Rolling over and turning down the volume which I must of knocked when setting it last night, I climbed out of bed and over to my computer desk chair that had my running gear on.

I changed into my three quarter length black skin tight running leggings, sports bra and a black long sleeved running t-shirt. I slipped on my running shoes and grabbed my iPod off my night stand.

Once I was outside I stretched off and did a few squats before jogging down the path towards the lake and woods. There was sharp chill to the air but the early morning Sun was starting to slowly hurt the air up.

My breathing deepened and became more rapid as i picked up the pace a little. Sweat ran down my face and back but I still kept going even though my legs were screaming for me to stop.

"20 more minutes " I told myself glancing at the time which was 5:35am.

I carried on running down the path that went round the lake. Over my music I could hear heavy footsteps running behind me. I quickened my speed again but still not running at my full speed. I was actually testing them instead of being scared of them.

Im the fastest in my school and faster than the guys, so I wasn't afraid of being caught I was more afraid of tripping up when running fast.

"Hey! Slows down." I heard someone shout over my music. I turned it off but didn't slow down.

"Why... should... I?" I shouted back still trying to breath clearly.

"I just ...wanna talk." There was a moment of silence between the pounding of our feet and the sound of out rapid breath. "Erm it's me... Billy."

Billy?! Why would he want to talk to me?! Did he want taunt me for my meds or something?!

I spun round and he almost ran into me. I stood with my arms crossed over my chest that begged for more oxygen. I stared at him while sweat ran down both of our faces.

"What?" I broke the silence.

"You run fast for a girl." He painted standing up straight.

"I wasn't even trying my hardest just then." I said bluntly.

"Dame. Really? You on the school running team?" He said actually looking really impressed.

"No, I'm not allowed." I said sadly. "Are you gonna taunt me or something or just let me go, I need to get back and have a shower as you can see?!" I said wiping sweat off my forehead.

"Oh no, I mean. I... it doesn't matter!" With that he turned round and stormed off back round the longest way round the lake.

I watched him for a while before running back home. I quickly stripped down and had a shower. I towel dried my hair and walked over to my wardrobe to pick out today's outfit.

After 5 minutes of looking and going through the content of my wardrobe I pulled out some creamy grey skinny jeans, a plain lose grey t-shirt and a black thin long cardigan which are no buttons on it and went down to mid thigh. I put on some fluffy black boots before applying my daily make up and styling my still slightly damp hair.

School was a bore. Nothing interesting happened and I didn't see Billy once and nor was he in form this morning. I wondered if his absence was to do with our encounter this morning. But I waved off that idea when I thought about also not seeing his two best mates in school either. So I guessed they were just skipping school to go do something illegal.

When the bell went for the end of school I got up and made my way towards the front office to collect my weekly nurse letter. As I walked out the door I notice billys matte black Audi sitting outside with him leaning against it looking me.

He looked me up and down before smirking at me. I just mentally grimaced at his attention and carried on walking down the school steps past him.

"Wait, where do you think your going?" He said walking to stand in front of me.

"Home, where did you think I was going? To do some stupid drug party with you?" I laughed at him.

" I was gonna drive you home. You look tired and exhausted and I just thought after the run this morning you'd want a ride home." He said actually sounding hurt by my words making me feel guilty.

"I'm fine. Maybe another day." I shrugged and walked past him but as I made it to the end of the parking lot the heavens opened and I had no umbrella.

I turned round and saw Billy leaning against the passenger side with the door open. He had a smirk on his face but I had no other choice.

I sighed before walking over to him. "Thank you" I said whilst climbing in.

"No problem, hot stuff." He said before shutting the door behind me. Hot stuff?! Did he seriously just call me hot stuff?!

He climbed into the drivers seat next to me and turned the key before pulling out of the parking lot. The rain smacked against the glass. I watched it bounce off the road and run into drains.

We didn't speak at all during the car journey. When we pulled up outside my house. I turned to him only to see him already looking at me. I smiled slightly before saying thank you and climbed out the car and walked into my house.

A few minutes later I heard the Audi pull away and disappear down the road.

Well that was different. I thought. A Bad boy being nice to a freak like me.