.31.

"Well, are you just going to sit there with your mouth hanging open, or are you going to get out of there?" Alyssa stared down at us, looking impatient.

I couldn't believe my eyes. Alyssa's long, wavy blonde hair fell past her waist, and her wide, green eyes seemed to glow. She looked like an angel in a dream, and I couldn't tell if this was real or not. Maybe I was already dead.

I felt a strange emotion inside me forming, shoving out any feeling I had previously had. It was strange; Cold and warm at the same time. It felt like I had just been emerged in a warm pool of water. I felt almost weightless, yet heavy at the same time. I didn't know what to think, my mind lagged a step behind but my heart jumped a million steps in front of me, and I tried to keep up with myself.

Just seeing her face again took a large weight off of my shoulders, and I was so happy. I felt pure happiness, this must be what this feeling is.

Finally, I snapped out of my trance, and I stood up, feeling quite dizzy. Keenan was already crawling out of the latch, and Alyssa sat to the right of him, her long legs hanging off the edge.

""What happened to Foster?" Alyssa suddenly cried, her voice filled with horror.

"Chase," Eli snapped. "What else?"

I leaned down and scooped the boy right off of the floor. He let out a shriek of pain as his leg was forced to bend as I cradled him, but I had to. He was limp and weak in my arms. I carefully walked over to the opening, and lifted him up. The sunlight shone on his skin, the sweat seeming to sparkle, making his tan arms and legs glimmer. Keenan took him out of my arms, and lurched him carefully out of the opening.

I glanced at Oz as Cade and Eli jumped up and out of the opening as well. He gave me a confused smile, and I didn't return it. I was too shocked and dazed to. I had been so close to death, but like always, a miracle occured. I didn't have to die, I could be with Alyssa, forever. Be with my family.

Oz gestured for me to go first, and I stepped forward, taking one last look at this holding cell. I didn't have to end my life here. I felt reborn, almost. I stepped up to the opening and Cade took my hand and helped pull me up and through the opening.

As light hit my eyes and the warmth of the sun settled on my skin, I couldn't help but take in this moment. I stared up at the dazzling light in the sky, so grateful that I would get to look at it again. I touched the bright, jade green roof of the building under me. The texture was almost like glass. The cool breeze sent goosebumps up my arms. It felt wonderful.

"Alright, dreamer boy. Come help me," Alyssa said, sounding confused as to why I was acting this way. She probably didn't think for a second that we were going to die down there.

I crawled back over to the opening and took Oz's right hand while Alyssa took his left, and we pulled him out of the hole. When he was safely on the roof, Alyssa shut the latch and locked it again.

It wasn't until then that I noticed the person sitting behind Alyssa, staring cautiously over at me.

He was probably around seventeen or eighteen years old, and he had messy, light hair that only went down to his ears, but it was messy nontheless. He had dark, brown eyes that seemed a little off color, and olive toned skin, like Alyssa. He wore dark jeans and a black and red plaid shirt, and I put the pieces together, understanding that he was a member of Michael's group.

"What the hell is he doing here?" I heard the words going through my lips, but I don't remember speaking them. I could feel the anger settling over me like a thick blanket. "He's one of theirs, Alyssa! What were you thinking!?"