I Saw Her Again

You know. Usually, when I hope to see a girl that I like at the swing society and think of all the scenarios of what would happen when I see this girl, I would never see her again. And all of my energy would be wasted. 

That wasn't true tonight.

I saw Amy half way through the first song. Her friend saw me, but Amy herself was looking away. Whether she looked at me while I wasn't looking, I don't know. I decided I should give her an additional three dances worth of space because she rejected me when I asked for her number last week and I didn't know if she wanted me to stay away from her.

When she joined the same line dance that I was in, and was only three people away from me, I figured she definitely noticed me. And that I should ask her to dance during the next song.

I walked up to Amy and I could feel all of her friends looking at me. They were eyeing her like, there he is. He's back, but Amy was looking at her phone at the time. I was about 5 feet away from her when she looked up. I smiled at her and asked her if she wanted to dance as presented my hand. She said, "yes," and took my hand.

I accept that when a girl say yes to a dance, it could be out of kindness. Most of them would leave after the first song. She didn't. She stayed like our last encounter. We talked. Asked each other how we were doing, how our weeks have been. Soon enough, I asked her about her boyfriend and ssurprisingly she me gave a direct answer. He is in New York, and he is a Pastor. She made it seem that he was older than me, but I wasn't certain. If that was true, however, that means that they were over 5 years apart. When she mentioned that he was a pastor, it made me think of how religious she was and whether she thinks she will go to hell if she broke up with him. 

I wondered how he got to New York, how long he was staying, or whether he was always there; and they have met on-line or through parents, but I decided not to question further. I still liked her though and wanted him out of her life so I could step in.

I changed the topic.

We kept talking; Mostly random topics about movies we have seen and the songs were playing throughout the night. When things got quiet, it was never awkward. I wonder during these moments of silence whether she would decide to just walk away, but she stayed. When there was a song that we liked, we danced. When it got slow, I look into the crowd and comment on the other dancers, talked about what moves they were doing, and their dance style.

Whenever I saw something that I knew but I haven't done in awhile. I would ask her if she wanted to try it, and there wasn't a moment when she said no--with the exception of the ones that seemed dangerous to her.

She allowed me to experiment on her, and she was patient with me when I stared in the ceiling while trying to come up with random variations to the moves that I've already taught, and I taught her everything I knew. When I look back during these deep thoughts, I would often see her eyes still on me. She would smile as if thinking, what crazy thing are you going to come up with next.

She was comfortable when I put her in the cuddle position and when I put her arms around the back of my head; And she was also trusting whenever I dipped her.   

She resisted learning the faster dances, but would eventually give in after I danced it for awhile. I taught her Salsa, and I taught her Waltz as they came up, and two line dances throughout the night.

She ended up staying with me until the last song played. It was just the two of us. We were together for about an hour and a half.  No once did I felt like she had the desire to go back to her friends, and I found out later that she was with 5 other people. She didn't leave until I initiated a good-bye.

I thought things went well, but I still have no way of contacting her. I didn't ask for her number again that night because I figured, if she was willing, she would give it to me without me asking.

So, all I can do now is let the thought of her linger. I wonder if she's thinking about me even a quarter as much as I'm thinking about her.