Chapter 2

Sharks. My dads words keep playing in my head. They are the top predators of the ocean, even though I can usually convince those sharks to leave they are super scary and there's a first for everything. I am snapped out of my thought when my dad shook me.

"show me where " I say as cooly as I can.

" I'll come to, I'll shape into a bigger shark to help scare it away" Nate says coming to my side putting his hand on my shoulder.

" I want to go to" hope says eagerly as she walks over to my other side.

" fine" my dad says I think a little annoyed. Before you know it we are swimming as fast as we can to the edge of our territory. It must have been a terrifying sight for the other mermaid citizens. The general ( my dad ),the shapeshifter( Nate ),the communicator ( me) and the controller ( hope).

Soon we arrive and I see a horrific sight. 4 great whites feeding on a seal. I block my mind so I can't hear the screams of the seal. I look at my dad and he is looking at me with a sorry expression. " let's go" I say in my best leader voice. I start to try and talk to the Sharks.

" what are your names sharks?"

" please leave our territory. "

" I don't want to hurt you."

" there not answering dad, I have to go closer!" Before I could say anything else a huge great white swims next to me. I look in its eyes and realize it's Nate. I grab ahold of his fin and he takes me in closer.
" sharks please leave"

" why should we?" A shark replies back.

" so we don't have to hurt you " I say cooly.

I see the sharks eyeing Nate. They swim towards Nate and they start to circle him. " LEAVE!" Nate yells at me. I stay in place. Suddenly I'm jerked back, I scream and look back, it's just hope. The sharks start to ram into Nate. Nate stands his ground only moving slightly to keep water going threw his gills. Nate suddenly takes a little bite out of what I think was the sharks leader. This makes them see how much bigger he his compared to them so they turn around and leave. Hope creates an underwater wave to push the sharks along. We did it! I hug Nate Making sure there were no Serious injuries.there is one pretty deep gash on his left side. I look all around the sea floor then spit some kelp.
I grab some kelp and rap it around his injury. I Then swim to my dad and hope and we have a groups hug. We separate from our hug and let out a huge sigh of relief. We all swim back to our separate houses hoping to get a good night sleep without any nightmares.

Authors note!
So I was bored and decided to make another chapter today. I hope yall enjoy!! :)