E I G H T E E N

Eighteen - I remember how we first met.

Niall was stuck between two guys and right now, his confusion was eating him up in more ways than ever. He wanted to just shake the both of them - Zayn and Harry off and run away from them and maybe crawl into a hole and die. He was conclusive about the both of the man not backing out of whatever trance their in from glaring into each other's eyes and the grip on Niall's wrist only tightens. There is a saying; follow your heart whenever, wherever even though right now Niall's confusion only multiples because what was he supposed to do when the one he loves is as baneful as anyone can be?

"You are just stealing my boyfriend, Styles." Zayn snarled at Harry, who immediately shot up from the bed, and pulled Niall to his side. At that very moment, Niall felt like a rag doll, he wasn't that weak and had his muscles where he was supposed to have but right now, being pulled left and right in the middle of two man have him wondering where all of his manly strength went to. "Excuse you, Zayn. He's my boyfriend." The green eyed replied in the same tone as the other and Niall let out an irritated whine after letting go of both guys harshly - it worked, don't ask him how but somehow he managed to get away from the tight grips. He walked out of the room, letting out an annoyed sigh when he realized that he left Harry and Zayn alone; which means that the two of them are probably going to try to kill each other at any chance he got. But he didn't return to the room, instead he sent a real nurse into the place and asked him to get Harry checked out of the hospital while he went around for a walk.

He sunk down on the back wall of the hospital and let out a soft, pleased sound at the quietness he had received and he needed. These past days were harsh on him, George always wake up in the middle of the night hungry and it takes a lot to get him to sleep again. Niall was sure he got three hours of sleep last night. He placed his hands on his knees and let his head rest on it, until he realized that the first tear drop had made his appearance and then he was crying, staring at the ground and letting the tears fall on it even though he made no sound.

"I remember how we first met." Zayn chuckled, retrieving from his leaning position beside the wall and crouching down next to the younger boy.

"I was crying - wasn't I?" Zayn asked once he was fully seated and Niall nodded, looking at anywhere but the other boy. "Look, Niall I - " Zayn looked down at his bracelet, "I regretted it," He spoke finally, looking up at the other boy and Niall just shook his head, "If you did regretted it, you would've checked on me or George." Niall muttered. "Niall please." Zayn reached forward to touch the blonde's back as the boy turned away from him. "Don't touch me, Zayn." The brown eyed lad pulled at his hair as he stared at Niall with teary eyes. "Then hear me out Niall! Goddammit-" Niall raised his eyes brows as if he was telling the older boy to continue and Zayn nodded, "I know I was an asshole and that I left you. I'm sorry I played you and all - but when I saw you three weeks ago I fucking regretted it, please Ni."

"I'm not surprised."

Zayn pulled the other's hand to his chest, slightly leaving a lingering kiss on each of the knuckles, "Please, habibi, I love you. Please, baby boy, please." He begged, pulled Niall closer and letting their eyes meet for the second time that day. "How do you - how do you expect me to listen to you - are you even telling the truth? After all those months you ignored me and call me a whore and never checked on me and your own son and you-" Niall stopped, watching the older staring at him. "I'm dating Harry. . ." He muttered, looking at the other's lips and internally screaming at himself because of course, of-fucking-course he was going to run back to Zayn because he pulls him in and he's going to make Harry hurt again and he should be guilty, but the thing is he's not.

Niall's eyes blew wide at the familiar lips on his own, the lips that he had missed and the lips that he had been craving for so long was there on his own and just like that, he was melting into nothingness in the palm of Zayn's hands again. His eyes then fluttered shut when the older's right hand came up to caress his cheeks, something that he always does when he kisses the younger one. It was a habit that Zayn and Niall both grown to love. Before the both of them knew it, Niall was wrapped his hands around Zayn's neck, pulling him closer and leaning against the wall because it's Zayn and Zayn is something Niall was sure he was never going to escape. No matter how hard he tries because it was his own love that had him planted to the spot right there and he can't run away, move away no matter how hard he tried. It's like he's drowning in quick sand and the harder he tried to escape, the more he sunk.

Zayn then pulled away after a quick peck to Niall's lips, "I know I'm just a fucking fool, but I love you and no matter how hard you tried to deny it, you love me too." Zayn mumbled and Niall still had his eyes closed tongue licking his bottom lips and he nodded, his brain his unsure but his heart, damn it, his heart was way too sure. "I love you."