N I N E

Nine - I'll go out with you.

A happy sigh left Niall's lips when he walked out of the school after the bell signaled the end of the day bell. He shoved the geography textbook in the locker and let his heavy feet carry him home. After a much long walk from his school to his home - or at least he thought it was - he relaxed his muscles under the warm water, rubbing his hair with his strawberry shampoo. He heard the faint sound of his bedroom door open, peeking his head out of the shower curtain and yelling out a who's there?

"It's me, mate." He heard Harry returned his question and Niall just smiled, finishing off his shower and walking out of the room with his yellow towel around his chest as he walked out, greeting Harry with a smile and a nod, he had just forgiven Harry that morning after the younger boy begged him with tears and cries, it's hard to stay mad at Harry. "Ni, why are you wearing a towel like you have boobs again?" Harry stood up as he asked, following Niall around as the blonde boy search for his change of clothes. "It feels better like this." Niall laughed, subconsciously pushing up his hair. After he pulled up a pair of shorts and a tank top, both of the boys plopped down on the bed, laughing at a lame joke they said.

"Niall?" Harry breathed out, receiving a hum from the boy beside him. He was nervous, he came here for one reason - to confess his love for the other boy because he had a feeling that if he don't make a move now, he was going to lose Niall to Zayn. He turned on the bed to face the older boy to see him smiling at something on his phone. "I have to tell you something." Harry muttered nervously, wiggling his hands around on his covered stomach. Niall placed his phone down, sitting up to listen to what Harry had to say. "Niall, I -"

"Dinner's ready, Niall." Louis smiled as he walked into the room, "Hey Harry, join us for dinner." He sent a nod to the two friends and left the room. Niall turned back to Harry, "So, what were you saying?" Harry shrugged, both angry and sad that he got cut off. "It's not important, I'm leaving." Harry hugged the blonde, holding back his tears as he walked away from the room and out of the house. When is he ever going to find the courage? Niall stood in confusion as he stared at the doorway Harry left - did he do something wrong?

"Des, dinner's ready."

The second oldest nodded, taking off her earphones that she was using to watch a make-up tutorial, "Hey Lou? Please come here?" She asked, patting the spot next to her on the bed. Louis complied, sitting down beside her with a questioning look on his face. "I saw Niall being too close with this boy today and he kinda got a bad vibe around school - I'm worried for Niall." Louis nodded, making a mental note to talk to the blonde later.

Niall chewed on the spaghetti as Bobby talked to him about last night's baseball game , the blue eyed lad nodding even thought he was not listening to a word his father said. He stared at his mother for help, but Maura just shrugged, laughing as Niall did a annoyed face, faking a smile in the direction of his father. Bobby had his own ways of annoying people with his endless baseball infatuation. Louis stared at his brother, suddenly worrying more about the thing Destine told him. He hoped Niall would be smart enough to make his own choice.

When dinner was done, Niall went up to his room after bidding his family goodnight and kissing his parents on the cheek. Just as Niall stepped into the room, his phone rang out the usual Marimba ringtone and he rushed in to see who it was. It was an unknown number so out of curiosity, he slide across the screen, holding the iPhone close to his ears.

"Hello?"

"Niall? Please just go - " He heard a familiar voice on the other side of the phone. He was silent for a moment before he hang up, throwing his phone away on the pillow. His good mood from a full stomach was ruined as guilt and regret ate him alive. Maybe he shouldn't have hang up on Zayn like he should not have told him to stay away. Maybe it was his fault, all of this. Falling for the wrong person he knew he should not fall for. Maybe he shouldn't have outted Zayn like this, after all, all he wanted was a date. And to ruin Niall's life. What could Zayn probably want from Niall? He's the most popular boy in school and he can get anyone in a snap of his pretty fingers. How could Niall possibly believe that Zayn saw him in the old, dark, common and then the next day was completely desperate to take him out? It's always the reason blocking Niall out from going on a date with Zayn. He wanted to, he really wanted to go out with Zayn, kiss him, change him.

Niall wanted it, he wanted Zayn even though he was sure he was going to be left heart-broken after everything. Or was it just his guilt talking? He felt willing to give up everything for Zayn and he felt as if he was falling into a trap. And he was. He was going to let Zayn take him just like that because he had lost to his own feelings for the third time. Niall sighed, staring at his golden iPhone, reaching out to his and called Zayn. What's the worst that could happen anyways?

"Hello? Niall?"

"I'll . . . go out with you."