Chapter 15

Chapter 15

Kasey P.O.V

Years later.

I sat down on the edge of our bed looking at the ring that lay on my finger feeling well...nothing.

I didn’t feel love. I didn’t feel happy. I felt stuck. Stuck in a relationship that I wasn’t happy with and I wanted OUT.

3 year relationship that ended a long time ago.

I put my heels on and stood up. I examined myself in my mirror. I had to look good, on point at all times. Even when I was going to the toilet.

You had money, shove it in the faces of people who didn’t.

His words, not mine. I straightened out the black body con dress. I had to look my best today even if I didn’t feel it. He was hosting a party because he won a case. He was a lawyer you see. The top lawyer right about now. He was living my dream but I couldn’t say anything or...well... It was also our engagement party.

I took my foundation out of my makeup bag that I bought especially for when he hurt me.

I sorted out the bruises on my cheek and arms. After I had finished I grabbed my shawl and made my way down the stairs.

“You look beautiful baby.” Jamal said before walking up to me with opened arms. I flinched as he came closer to me.  “Whats wrong?” I quickly hugged him and stepped back.

“Let’s go Jam’ the limos outside...” I said in barely a whisper. We left the house.

“Bye Larry.” I said to the guy that opened the gates for us. He smiled and saluted us. I watched as Jamal screwed up his face.

He HATED it when I spoke to other boys. I couldn’t even wave to his brother without earning a couple of bruises.

I stepped into the limo and grabbed a packet of crisp. I opened it up.

“Put it down Kasey.” Jamal said through gritted teeth.

“But Jamal I’m hungry.” I said slowly.

“Put it down those crisps are expensive.”  He said before turning to me

“But we have the money like you said Jamal...”  I said slowly. He lifted up his hand and boxed me in my face. I screamed.

“But are you paying...put it down.” 

“But I’ve already opened it.” He grabbed them out of my hand and threw it out of the window. I kissed my teeth and looked out of the window as tears ran down my face.

**

“Kasey wake up were here.” I nodded and pulled down the mirror. I noticed that a bruise was forming. “Sort out that dirty bruise forming.” Jamal said slowly. I took out my mini make up bag and sorted out the bruise.

“You ready babe?”

“No wait.” I picked up a water bottle and swallowed my bi-polar pills. I could tell this was going to be a long day.

We stepped out the car as flashes erupted around us. We posed and smiled. He moved closer to me slowly.

“KISS KISS KISS!” Was what we heard. I shook my head slowly laughing.

He pulled me closer and laid his lips on mine. More flashes went off.

We pulled away flashed them a few more smiles and then walked into the venue.

We walked around smiling and greeting everyone. Boy was I hungry. It was the same routine all the time.

‘Hi how you doing? Great to see you again’ and then a smile. 

Life without Tyreece.

Tyreece...Tyreece.

We made our way back to our table and sat down with 2 of his other colleagues and their wives.

“Kasey how you been?” Michael, Jamal’s best friend asked

“I’ve been great Mike.” He knew about what Jamal did to me and tried to get him to stop...but it just made it worse. I smiled slightly.

I looked around the room and my heart stopped. My world stopped. It was him. Tyreece. It was like it was only us two in the room. I stood up slowly and pulled down my dress that had moved half way up my thighs.

“I’ll be right back.” I announced before getting up and walking towards them.

“Hey!” I said while smiling at them. He looked at me for a long time trying to realise who I was probably.

“Kasey is that you?” I nodded slowly. He grabbed me and pulled me into a long hug.

I saw more flashes go off before shaking my head. We pulled apart.

“This is Sheriece...my wife.” I looked at her and smiled. She screwed up her face.

“Hi Sheriece...I’m Kasey.” I took my hand out for a hand shake while she just looked around.

“Right...well I’ll talk to you later Tyreece.”

Sheriece P.O.V (ANNONYMOUS.)

It was her she was back..

Not for long.