Chapter 20

Tyreece P.O.V

I was finishing off my files when I received a phone call from La’Shyra.

“Yo Lash! Wagwarn?”

“Tyreece get to North Mid NOW! KASEY HAD AN ACCIDENT!” I dropped everything and left the off running to my car. I got in and made my way to the hospital thinking only one thing.

‘It was my entire fault. If I took her home this would have never happened.’

I stopped the car parked it up and got out and ran into the reception.

“Kasey! Kasey Harris what room is she in?” I asked as I rushed in.

“Who are you to her?” She asked while looking me up and down

“JUST TELL ME HER F*CKING ROOM!”

“Ward 1, 245.” I kissed my teeth and ran all the way to her room. When I got there, I wanted to turn around and run off.

She looked dead. Lifeless.

I walked in to see the nurse looking over her. I walked up to her and sat down. The closer I was to her the more I saw all the damage.

Her face wasn’t the normal golden caramel it normally was. She was covered in purple and blue bruises.  I looked over her and realised that her bump was no longer there. Our babies...where were they?

“Ay nurse where’s my kids?” I asked.

“Oh sorry about that. I’ll take you there now. She had to have a C Section. Since their months premature their having trouble breathing.” By the time she had finished saying all of this we were outside the room. She gave me some hand gel and opened the door.

I walked over to the cots and smiled. They were so small.

I put my hand in one of the cots and my little girl tightened her grip on my finger. A smile formed on my face.

My girls.

I would do everything to make them happy, be there for them. Just like how my mum was there for me.

I made my way out of the room and back into the room to find Kasey sitting up straight.

“Kase!” I said before kissing her

“Ty, why are you here?” Kasey asked with tears in her eyes.

“What’d you mean why am I here? Don’t you want me here?”  I asked while taking a seat.

“Look at my face Ty.” She said while pointing.

“Yeah, I’m looking and you look beautiful.” I said with a grin on my face.

“Shut up I look horrible. Why you here Ty?” By now she was bawling

“You look fine, whats wrong with you?” I asked while standing up

“Whats wrong with me? Whats wrong with you? I’m ugly. Just leave.”

“I aint going anywhere.”  I said before leaning back in the seat.

“They ruined me. It’s your fault.” She said before throwing a empty cup at me

“How’s it my fault?” I ducked.

“Look at you.” She said while pointing

“I’m peng in it? It’s emotional.”  I said while laughing.

“Well yeah. But if it weren’t for you I wouldn’t be looking like this. I feel ugly Tyreece.” She complained.

“But you aint. You’re beautiful Kase.” I complimented her.

“Shut up you prick. I’m upset can’t you see.”

“Can I say something?”

“Go on then.”

“I love you Kase.”

“Shut up. Don’t play around like that” She said before picking up a hand mirror. “How you loving a beast? I’m fricking ugly.” Kasey said while rubbing her cheeks.

“If you don’t shut the f*ck up, imma make you ugly.  You’re annoying me. I just told you I love you and you’re telling me to shut up. Do you want me to commit domestic abuse? Cos your asking for it Kase?” I said before kissing my teeth. Why was she like this?

“I’m sorry Tyreece. But I love you too.”

I smiled before leaning over and kissing her.

“I know. Who don’t love Tyreece?” I asked while rubbing my shoulders.

“Shut up Ty. How’s La’Shyra?” She asked before rubbing her stomach. “ARGH! WHERE IS IT?!” She shouted.

“What?” I asked while changing my status

“My bump. Where are my babies?” Kasey asked.

“There fine Kasey, calm down.” I stood up and sorted her out as her machine went out of control.

“Where are they Tyreece?” Kasey asked while trying to control her breathing

“Their fine. Sleeping.” I said before walking around the room

“Hmm...”

“You wanna go see them?” I asked

“Nah, you don’t say. Help me up.” I helped her into a wheelchair and we made our way into the room the girls were in.

“Do you think we can hold them?” Kasey asked

“Why not?” I asked before taking one of them out and handing her to Kasey.

I picked up the other one and held her.

“Woooah, their beautiful. Just like their mum.” Kasey said with a grin on her face.

“Did you not just say you’re ugly? Their peng like their dad.” I said while grinning.

“Shut up. So what we gonna name them?”

“Déjà and Vu.” I suggested

“No are you stupid. I aint naming them Already happened.”

“Do you have something better?”

“Sarah and Shevelle.”

“But I want them to be unique they aint unique.” I complained.

“Shut up.” Kasey said while playing with our little girls fingers.

“No. Larah and Levelle.” I said.

“Do you want them to get bullied?” She asked

“Fine, Peniellie and Peniella.” I suggested

“Tyreece...be serious.” Kasey said while shaking her head

“I am.” 

“21.” She said with a grin on her face

“1, 2” Tyreece started

“3, 4, 5”

“6, 7 ,8”

“9, 10”

“11, 12, 13”

“14, 15, 16.”

“17, 18, 19”

“20.” Kasey said

“21” I finished with a sigh

“Sarah and Shevelle it is.”