Chapter 3

The next week passed uneventfully. I learned the names of most if not all of my class mates. Liam was missing. The other Cowells were at their corner table, laughing and talking and not eating, but Liam never showed.

Till Thursday at least. It had already been a bad day. It had started snowing and all the guys were throwing snowballs everywhere. I was lucky to not get totally soaked. When lunch hit I did my routine Liam Cowell check, and to my surprise he was there. He was soaked, along with the other Cowells, and had snow in his short hair. Something else was different about him. I couldn't put my finger on it.

All of a sudden, he turned around and stared right at me. This was a different stare, a kinder one. Not as hating, or loathing. I looked away.

"I think Liam Cowell is watching you" teased Jasmine.

"Is he mad?"

"I don't think he's crazy, no"

"No silly, does he look.....angry, unhappy, ect."

"Oh no, he sort of looks curious" said Jasmine. "Why?"

"I sort of think he hates me"

"Hahaha well, none of the Cowells really get to know anyone, and so they seem like they hate everyone" she pauses a minute. "He's still looking at you."

"Stop watching him!" I said under my breath.

"Alright, don't get your trousers in a wad." said Jasmine. I very carefully kept my eyes trained on my table to set a better example for Jasmine. As I had become used to, Ava and I walked to science, along with Mason. I still couldn't believe Liam was back. It scared me silly. (AN: sorry if I use random oldish phrases. I'm weird that way)

I sighed with relief once I got into the class room. He wasn't here yet. I slid into my seat. I heard the seat next to me slide out and then back in. I turned around to see Liam.

"Ello," he said, looking rather sheepish, "sorry about the other day, I didn't properly introduce myself. I'm Liam Cowell" he stuck out his hand for me to shake. I shook it. When our skin touched, I felt like I should never let go, like I should keep on holding his hand forever. That is until I realised it was ice cold.

"Umm hi," I said a bit too quickly "I'm A..."

"Ann, I know" he chuckled "the whole town knows your name, you're the girl everyone's been talking about. The Young's best friend's daughter, come to England at last." Still something was different about him, and not just his attitude. I still didn't know what it was, and it was bothering me. I opened my mouth to reply, but just then the science teacher spoke up,

"All right class, settle down, were going to continue our notes"

As we were quietly taking our notes I realised what was different about Liam. It was his eyes. They were a beautiful golden color. They even sort of shimmered. Wern't his eyes pitch black?

At the end of class Liam again left the room with astounding speed. This time I wasn't trying to go as fast because I had wanted to ask him about his eyes. Too late. I trudge off to gym in a huff.

When I get back to the Young's home, I see an unfamiliar car parked in the driveway. It's one of those old Iron Volkswagen Bugs, that need a new paint job, but are super reliable. I take a closer look and see it's British with the drivers seat on the right. Sarah walks out of their house and asks

"Do you like it? Its for you, if you want it."

"Are you kidding me?" I asked "I love it! I've always wanted a punch buggy!!!!" I paused and thought for a second "Won't I have to get a British drivers licence?"