Chapter 1

Yes, me and my family are totally screwed. I didn't know how to explain this but, I feel so exhausted and emotional right now. Here, in our garage staring at our ruined house. Every furniture, everything that belong to us was all swept away because of that stupid typhoon. Why does it have to be us? I mean, can't the typhoon be friendly? Like for example it hits my home town particularly here in Oklahoma, and just say... Oh wait, be gentle there are houses here, or can't it avoid some houses that are prettily furnished than those houses that are obviously abandoned? Why does it have to be our house?

                Imagine all your possesions, your iphones, your tablet, your charger, your clothes that your kind of work hard, and imagine also your room being hit by a typhoon. I spend like three years of recreating that ugly room of mine, I even search some DIY shits in the internet just to look my room like a room. And now, when you came home from a vacation all that surprised you is your house hit by a typhoon. I just wanna cry and create a scene in here, but obviously it will be more embarassing.

               Okay! You know Jasmine that's just easy, scan on your bag and laggage inside your car and see what possesions you still have.

That would, I think still be helpful than me here standing. Atleast I can share to my mom and say, 'hey mom I've gotta good news... We still have some clothes and underwares that aren't washed yet from our recent vacation in Aunt Marcy's. Plus we still atleast have our car?'

                 Obviously that will make my mom more upset. Imagine we will wear five outfits for what? One year maybe? And some of our unwashed belongings like clothes and underwares, I mean... Where are we going to wash them!? In the Lundry coin, which takes thirty minutes drive.

                  Oh and Jasmine, let me just remind you that the worst is still coming. Tomorrow you'll go back to your school... Freaking tomorrow...

                So if you calculate that you still have approximately 10 hours to prepare yourself in shame. Wow, best day ever. Its so nice to hear my inner voice right? She really encourages me so much thy I wanna jump off a bridge.

                   I scan for my phone to talk with Anna, my sarcastic bitch best friend. Hey, my house--- I mean, our house is ruined okay? My parents are crying as my brother Chris, (a.k.a. Christian) are comforting them, while I am here standing, staring at our ruined house. What do you expect me to do? Cry with them like a total loser? Which I don't want to happen because I will totally look so pathetic. And I have to pull myself together for my parents and for the sake of myself. I dial Anna's number, and ofcourse as always, it takes four~seven rings for her to answer.

               "Hey this is Anna... Sup Jasmine!" Finally, I heard Anna's quite annoying voice. I was actually relieved that I heard her or else I will literally get crazy, plus, I need someone to talk to calm my nerves down.

             I heard her mumbling something like to shut up someone in the other line, and I'm guessing it must be Liam our gay friend or her sister Jamie. I clear my throat before I speak, so that she won't know that I was one of the affected people who's house was ruined by the typhoon. "Hey Anna. Uhm, I'm great! What'ya doin'?" I ask, my voice cracking because a.) its a bit cold in here and b.) I feel like crying and tell her every emotion I feel right now and yet it'll be embarassing.