Chapter 1: Gr8 talents

We paused at the semi-tall building that read "GR8 TALENT." And walked in with a little bit of nerve and mostly faith. There was a lady that looked sheepish and shy standing at the desk.

"Acacia Clark for a voice arts demo" I said shaking a little bit.

"Mr. *gulp* Jageer will be with you s-s-soon." The small lady said. I wondered why she was so scared? Childhood trauma? Might it have something to do with where i am now? Am I making a mista-

"ACACIA! DARLING! You look gorgeous!" I was interrupted by the same man who almost crashed the motorcycle into my home. "Are you ready to be..... A STAR? "

I couldn't stop the red flow to my cheeks. "I wouldn't say STAR.... but you can!" We both laughed but made an awkward sigh at the end of it.

"Let's go to my office shall we?" He asks. "As long as I'm not in trouble 'cause that's what my principal says when I do something bad...." He makes an obviously-fake laugh.

When I entered I saw 7 other people around my age and they all looked so anxious. "Welcome to Gr8 Talents. You have all been selected to participate in this group called the young voices group. You have all been overheard singing and, obviously, we liked your voice. You are here to tell us if we made the right decision or not. "

Well that doesn't put any pressure on me.... I whisper to myself sarcastically.

"Now I want you all you sing a segment of a song... ANY song with creative words and let me hear it." He pointed his bony little finger at a girl with long blonde hair and green eyes sitting next to me. Mr. Jageer picks up his clipboard and waits for her to start. She sang the first verse of pay phone by maroon 5 and she was actually really good.

Then his finger directed at me. Straight at me. Pointing in my heart. Now was the moment of truth...