8. Escape

Hey! Got so many reads already! (well, so many for me) Anyway, just thought I'd let you guys know, I changed Storm's weapon. She now throws knives! XD

Thanks guys, you're awesome.

Happy reading! xD

Tabitha xx

As I run away from the bank where we transformed, I feel as if my whole life is breaking.

Every rule I have been taught to abide, every thing that I have been told to never do, I am just it throwing away. If I am caught by anyone, I might as well be throwing it into the eager hands of death.

I soon reach the Hollow where we have our camp, and then I make my way to the cave where all the herbs and medicines are kept.

We're not supposed to use the Reversal Wolfspane, but I don't have a choice.

I scrabble around in the neat little bundles of plants and bottles and tubes of medicine, until I eventually find the particular phial of green liquid.

I un-cork the glass phial with my pointed teeth and drink three drops of the foul medicine, even though I know the consequences.

Unlike transforming naturally, this means of returning to my Human form is excruciating.

But I had prepared myself for it, and I knew what was coming.

The moment I recover from the effects of Reversal Wolfspane, I get to my feet, dusting my dress. I fill a satchel with any herbs and medicines I could possibly need, and for good measure, I add a large amount of berries which give you energy before moving quickly on to the hugely gigantic cavern where the supplies made by the Creators are kept.

I find a jacket which I line with knives, and I also take a sash and strap many  more daggers  to it.

I pause, on the brink of leaving, when I remember that I didn't actually see if Rowan had any weapons.

I visualise his build, and decide that he will probably be okay with a sword. I attach two scabbards around my waist, and take the two small swords, slotting them in with a loud ringing sound that makes me flinch and look over my shoulder.

I think that I am ready now.

I begin to sprint, up the side of the mountain, over the heather, scrabbling over the scree and the rocks, constantly checking the shining, glinting moon which has begun to sink into the velvety deep blue sky. It is positioned dangerously low over the horizon.

I reach the ear-shaped cairn, and find Rowan sitting upright, his back against a huge rock, a vacant expression on his face.

He shakes his head. "Storm. What're you doing here?" he asks with apparent surprise. "Why didn't you stay with your Tribe? I thought that was why you went back?"

"Rowan, you didn't honestly think I could stay there did you? Don't you understand that if I was to return now, my father would execute me?"

"Your father would do that?" he asks, looking mildly shocked.

"Well, yes. I've broken The Code of the Moon in so many ways recently, he wouldn't even let a small thing like the fact that I'm his daughter get in his way. He doesn't care about anything but the future of his leadership," I tell him bitterly.

 "Anyway, I've got something more important to tell you of other than how evil Fa is," I inform him gravely.

"You do?" he seems curious and interested.