Looking at Old Photos

Rose wanted to go home, not forever, just for a visit. The Doctor was alarmed when he first heard that she'd wanted to see Jackie, because well she's Jackie. Jackie Tyler, the most feared creature in the universe.

"Doctor I want to go home." Rose said walking into the Console room. As soon as she saw his face, which she could only describe as dread she revised herself.

"I meant for a visit Doctor!" She saw his face turn from one to distress to happiness.

"Of course we can take you home for that! Oh wait, Jackie Tyler." He spat out her name as if it was venom stinging his tongue.

"What d'ya mean 'Oh wait, Jackie Tyler'?, she is my mother after all, without her I wouldn't be here!" Rose jabbed a finger into his chest.

"Fine! I'll take you, but what if she hits me!?" He said while he walked over to the Console.

"No matter how bad you think she is and how much she hates you, my mum actually thinks of part of the family. Plus she only hit you once!" Rose nudged his arm as he walked past her.

"She does?" The Doctor tried to sound anything but touched.

"Yes you sod, now let's goooo!" Rose grabbed his arm and pushed him our the door walking confidently towards the Powell Estates.

~Doctor&Rose~

Jackie Tyler invited them in giving them tea and biscuits, offering to show Rose her finest picture collection.

"Oh look! This one is where you and Doctor stayed here, isn't that lovely?" Jackie pointed at a picture.

Many of these pictures were of the Doctor and Rose hugging after a close adventure, or Jackie and the whole gang at a park or bar. Something Rose wished she could do sometimes, but the Doctor was better than a bar, he was a perfect travel mate and someone she could always trust. And she was in love with him.

"Rose look at how cute you were as a child!" The Doctor giggled.

"You saying I'm not cute now then?" She jabbed a finger into his chest.

"No of course not, genetics don't change that much Rose Tyler." He murmured.

~Doctor&Rose~

After awhile Jackie waddled off to bed leaving the two alone.

"D'ya really think I'm cute?" Rose asked while snuggled into his side.

"Yes I do. I really do." He kissed her forehead.

"Well that's good to know, by the way you are foxy!" Rose said as she stood up and darted into the kitchen.

"Well, I know thaaaat!" He said getting up to chase her.