Chapter 7

•Evie's P.O.V•

Mal has to be getting back any time now. I say we just share a room, I mean I'm in hers most the time anyway. All of a sudden the door opened, it revealed my purple haired best friend. I squealed in excitement. I grabbed her arm and dragged her to the bed.
"TELL ME EVERYTHING!" I basically fell over cheering.
"It was nice." She plainly stated. Nice? That's it?
"Care to elaborate?" I asked.
"We went to the movies and... we... kissed." She shrugged. She got up and went to the dresser. She put her bag down and looked in the mirror. By now my eyes were popping out of my head. I got up to go scream a little more but then I looked at her eyes in the mirror.
"What? You didn't like the movie? Or the kiss." I wondered. She looked at me through the mirror.
"No the movie was really good. But the kiss didn't have the spark I... That I had w..." I knew what she was going to say before she knew it.
"The same spark the kiss you and Ben had?" She nodded.
"I like him E. I really like him." Mal told me turning around.
"But?" I knew there was something else.
"I actually don't know." She said. "I don't actually feel anything around Ben. But I like Evan." She assured herself. Then she paused again.
"Evan. Im dating Evan." She nodded.
"Wait. your dating him!" She failed to mention that.
"Well no, but were going out again." She answered. I nodded.
"Well I'm going to go to bed. Night M." I said opening the door.
"Night E."

•The next day•

My eyes fluttered open as I looked at my phone. It was 7 A.M. I haven't been up this early in five years! Ugh. I might as well get up now. Defiantly no one is up. I got dressed into one of my usual blue dresses and put my tiara on. I got my wedges ad grabbed my purse. I guess I'm just going to go on a walk, I think Auradon in the morning will be really lovely. I was out the door and walking to the kitchen. When I got in there I saw Ben looking through the cabinets. I opened the fridge.
"I think you have people for that." I joked while getting a small bottle of apple juice. When Ben looked up at the sound of my voice he fake laughed. "ha ha, funny." I stuck my tongue out like a child. "Isn't it a little early four you anyway?" Ben commented while pulling a box of Lucky Charms cereal out of the cabinet. I opened my juice and took a long sip of it.
"Yeah Im going to go on a walk I guess." He nodded. By now Ben had his cereal in a bowl with milk. "You know there are like five hundred calories in just one of those Marshmallow things." I said pointing to the spoon he was about to stuff in his mouth. He looked at the cereal on the spoon and back at me, then he shoved the spoon in his mouth. I rolled my eyes. "Have a good day." I said, while walking out of the kitchen.
"YOU TOO." Ben screamed, I still heard the cereal in his mouth. What a loser.
I went to the school, it's basically the only part on Auradon I actually know.
It was beautiful in the morning, so many butterflies were in the air and it basically looked like sparkles were everywhere. But the all of a sudden,
"E-Evie?" A voice asked from behind. Ewww I know that voice.
"Hello Doug." I fake smiled while turning around. He stood there with a stupid bow tie, a hat, that same goofy smile and a book in his hand.
"How have you been?" He asked stuttering on every word.
"Great." I fake smiled again. When he looked down I gave my face a second to relax, but when he looked back I painted the false smile back on my face. We stood there for about thirty seconds until I realized he wanted a reply. "And How have you been?" I asked crossing my arms slowly.
"I have really missed you." He smiled. EWWW please take that back. I nodded.
"Yeah that's nice." I looked at my phone, "I have to go do something for Audrey and Ben, but ill see you later." I scrunched up my face whipped my head around and walked away.
"Okay!" Doug screamed at my back. I new soon I would be running into Doug but we have only been her for three days, I MEAN COME ON! Well I can't run into the dwarf right now so ill just start walking back to the castle.
When I got there, I noticed that a car was in the driveway, and it wasn't any of Ben's. As I started up the many stairs I saw Evan about to knock on the doors.
"Evan!" I shouted, stoping him.
"Hi Evie!" He says when I reach the top of the stairs. I give him a small smile.
"Are you here for Mal?" I asked. I really don't want him to go in there now. I look at my phone and see the time as 10. I know Jay and Carlos are out right now so it's just Ben and Mal in the castle. And they need to talk about something, anything! She has basically been avoiding him for the past three or four days.
"Um yeah." He said reaching to knock on the door.
"Oh... no." I stopped, pushing his arm down. "I was just with Mal. We were doing something for the wedding and I had to come back but she actually is staying and finishing." I lied. Evan frowned.
"Oh, then could you tell her I stopped by?" I sigh sarcastically,
"Course." Somehow we knew I was joking, and I was, and we shared a laugh. It felt really awkward. All of a sudden my ringtone went off. I looked down ad saw it was from Mal. I looked back up to the tall dude in front of me,
"It's Audrey, I have to do something else!" I lie again, adding a laugh. He nodded and ran down the stairs, witch were always covered in the same blue carpet.
"See you later Evie!" Evan waved just before jumping in his car. I waved back and he drove away. I get in the castle and sigh. I look at the text, E! Meet me in thirty in the second ball room!" I sighed. I walked to the kitchen and grabbed a granola bar, and ate it. I there away the rapper and Ben walked in, raiding the fridge.
"Can we put a block on Evan from coming even remotely close to the castle." I rolled my eyes when Ben greets me with a smile. That smile turns into a confused face.
"Why? What happened ?" He asked opening the bottle of water he got from the fridge.
"I just ran into Evan outside." I sighed.
"What did he want?" Ben sneered while taking the sip of the water.
"Here to see his girlfriend." Then Bens eyes went wide and spit out the water he was about to swallow... ALL. OVER. MY. FACE.
"EWWWW." I screamed at Ben.
"Sorry." He apologized and wiped his mouth, while I wiped my whole face. "Did you jut say girlfriend? Mal is his girlfriend?" He said frowning. I shook my head.
"No not really, and I hope she never is."
"Why not? I thought you liked Evan?" Ben asked, while fixing the sleeves on his blue suit.
"He just gives me bad vibes." I shook my head.
"What do you mean." He wondered.
"With you, it's like we can trust you. But I don't trust Evan." I said.
"Really?" He asked proudly. I nodded and we both walked out of the kitchen at the same time.
I don't trust him. I won't. And I really don't want to.

---------------------------------
Sorry I made you wait so long. Hope your liking the story. But I have been pretty busy with school and cheerleading practice. Ill update as soon as I can.
Xoxo
Jillian