Chapter 2~Hanna Marin~Rosewood

Rosewood was a lovely little town. Or so everyone thought. This beautifully painted picture of an equally beautiful town was not as lovely as everyone assumed. No community is perfect. Each one has stories, hidden by layers of the past. This town may have seemed bright and cheerful, but underneath all of that, there were scandals, mysteries, and horrifying events. Rosewood may have looked like an ordinary town, but it wasn't. After all, looks can be deceiving.

"BEEP. BEEP. BEEP." My alarm clock blared. I groaned and rolled over. 6:00 was way too early to be awake. I heard footsteps outside my room. I heard a knock on the door.

"Hanna?" Isabel poked her head in the door. "Breakfast is almost ready. Kate and your father are already downstairs." I groaned again. Isabel sniffed, obviously judging the fact that I wasn't out of bed.

"I'll be down as soon as I can." I replied, and as soon as she left I reluctantly pulled myself out of bed and got in the shower. I sighed. Everything was so different now that my mom left and my dad, Isabel, and Kate had moved in. On the first day they had arrived, Isabel had explained to me that they were an 'early bird' family and I was going to have to adjust my 'last minute everything' lifestyle.

Gosh, it was torture. Thank god that Aria, Emily, Spencer, and I were friends again. After Mona went to Radley, I really needed some good friends. Ever since Mona turned out to be A, the four of us had been inseparable. I texted Emily, ranting about how annoying Isabel was. Kate hadn't been that bad yet, but that probably meant she was planning something evil.

I quickly picked out my outfit for the day; a cute purple halter top and black leggings. Then I grabbed my phone and ran downstairs and into the kitchen to see Isabel clearing the plates.

"You're late." Isabel said flatly. I rolled my eyes.

"Does that mean I have to starve? Cause I'm a few minutes late?" I scoffed and Kate giggled. Isabel sighed.

My dad gestured to the seat next to him. "Sit." He said, like it was back to the way things used to be, before Isabel and Kate pushed their way into our lives. I grabbed a muffin and sat next to him.

"So, Hanna." Kate began. "Did you have any homework last night?" I gave her a look. I had no idea why she was acting all fake nice to me. The only thing I could assume was that she was plotting something, something big.

"Uh oh." I said in a fake voice. "I did, I better go finish it!" I shoved the rest of my muffin into my mouth and ran up the stairs. Kate stopped me.

"Careful you don't choke, wouldn't want that coming back up." She looked right into my eyes and I instantly knew what she was hinting about. I glared at her and ran upstairs.

I checked the time on my phone, it was 6:30. Caleb wouldn't be there to get me until 7:00. I went into my bathroom and perfected my makeup, then rested until I heard the doorbell ring.

I walked downstairs to get the door. When I opened it, I was surprised to see not Caleb, but a short, blond girl. She had two suitcases on the ground next to her.

"Um, can I help you?" I asked, giving her a strange look. She rolled her eyes.

"I'm supposed to be here." The girl stated. "I'm looking for Kate and Isabel Randall?" Realization hit me.

"Oh, you must be one of Kate's friends. But what's with the suitcases?" I cocked my head. She gave an exasperated sigh.