Ch.28

I grabbed the basket of useful stuff out from under the couch, I piled on the little clothing I had (that I wasn't now wearing) some canned food, my knife, and other small things I might need.

I picked it up, and that night, not a second after dark

I began walking

And wondering if I remember how to hot wire a car, after all, I'm already wanted for assault and battery, and attempted murder, why not add grand theft auto to the equation?

By the time I stopped walking I was back in town

For what I assumed would be the last time, this is where I spent a good chunk of my life, and now... Now I'm leaving forever

I can't... I just can't be weak like that again, in this world, no one is going to stand up for me, so I have to be strong enough to do it myself.

I was going to save the world from him. But I was pathetic, I let my stupid meaningless feelings get in the way of my job.

I assure you it's never happening again

~~

I found a bike (motorcycle)

And put my things into some sort of satchel or pouch attached to the vehicle.

I quickly got to work trying to remember exactly what I'm supposed to do to hot wire it... After all, this is a bike... It has to be easier then a car right?

That's when I nearly face palmed at how oblivious I was being, the key was in the satchel pouch thingie

I quickly turned on the bike, and breathed a sigh of relief at how lucky i had gotten

But, where was I even going

I had an idea. What about... What about my home town? Chances are I'm not going to live very long... So I might as well visit my last memories of when life was good, before I cease to live at all.

I turned on the radio and was off, I had to remind myself not to break any speed limits so I wouldn't draw attention to myself, I also had to concentrate, after all, I had never driven anything like this with two hands aaand now I'm winging it with one...

Lucky me