The Start Of Something Great

| D a n |

"Hey, wanna start a band?"

And that's how it started.

Young Dan Reynolds wanted to start a band for awhile now, so I called up a guitarist, Wayne something I believe. I heard from a friend that he went to Berklee in Boston, so I figured he would want to start a band.
"Sure."
For some reason, it took me by surprise. I never thought he would ever say yes. I never thought anyone would want to start a band with me at all.
"R-Really?!"
"Yeah, man. Do you have any other people who want to join or what?"
"I-I uh have a drummer and keyboardist. I guess a guitarist now since you agreed. That's it."
These two were a couple, Andrew on the drums and Brittany on the keys.
"I know a bassist. He's still in school, but I think I can convince him to join. Just in case your drummer quits on you, I know one too."
"That's great!! Thank you so much."
"No pro- hey, I never got your name. What is it?"
"Dan. Dan Reynolds."
"Well, nice to meet you, Dan. I'm Wayne Sermon. I guess you'll have to get used to me if we're going to be in a band together."
"Haha. I guess so. Me and the other two are here in Vegas. Do you think you'll be able to fly out here soon?"
"Of course! I'll be there in the next few days."
"All right! When you get here, I guess we can talk more about the band."
"Sounds good! I'll text you tomorrow and tell you what that bassist said."
"Okay! Thanks again, Wayne."
"No problem. See you soon!"
And that was the start of the best and worst years of my life. The start of something great and eventually, the start of depression and anxiety.
I fell asleep that night with a smile on my face. I knew that this band would never be a big thing. I knew Vegas would probably be the only place we'd ever perform in. Yes, I dreamed of playing so many different festivals around the world, but I guess bars and casinos in Vegas are fine. As long as I'm doing music, what I love the most.

Little did I know, this band would bring me great success, great friendships, and the best fans in the world.

This band that I started that day, was the best decision I've ever made.

+++

Hahaha new fanfiction. Don't know how often I'll be updating since I have like 4 (I'm working on the sequel to the demons in my head lmaooo)
Good news is that this one won't really have A/Ns so yayayay for u and me
But one question; I might make this a super long fanfiction, or a short one, not sure. Probably a long one, but what do you think¿ (short being like one chapter per year, long being different parts that are important, etc.)
But also, I'll be updating it as time goes by (when I'm caught up with everything/it's finished) if I remember ;))