Performances

sorry I'm not as good at writing the other members POV's like I am with Dan. I mainly write his POV's in other fanfictions so.. yeah. I'll hopefully get the hang of it. so.. enjoy..?

| W a y n e |

Another day, another performance.
That day we played at Caesar's Palace. It was a normal 8 hour one, but we decided to perform songs from the latest EP, along with some demos we were working on already for the next one. We weren't quite ready for an album yet, and we didn't get signed with a record label yet. Not that we really cared at the time.

"Really? More work before we go perform? Damn, you guys are too fast paced," Ben complained as always.
"Calm down, we do this every time."
"I know, but it's just so much," he whined.
We did a few demos, Dan recording some vocals, I wrote some guitar riffs, and everyone else wrote and played on their instrument, trying to add some backup vocals for the songs as well.
"Hey, Wayne, check this out," Dan called.
"What's up?"
"Be honest. What do you think of these lyrics?"
I read them quickly, trying to find some kind of beat and melody to it.
Everything you say is just a lie
And now I am leaving
To the city where the people
Are awake to chase a dream
That isn't real
Are we 'posed to be something that we're not
Just wanna change the lot
And sign our name after the dot.
"It's supposed to be fast paced, by the way."
Then, I switch up what I thought was it.
Everything you see
Is just a century of anarchy
All the corresponding colors
That symbolize the things
We can attest, arrange
We can assess, we can attain
We are the entry for entities to entice and entertain
All eyes, they're on you
Don't deny, you've got to
This is a call it's all you'll ever get from me,
"This is.. Holy crap that's amazing."
"Really? Thank you," he said nervously.
"No problem. Want me to write something for it?"
"If you don't mind, go right ahead. Come here, I'll sing this so you can get the best and everything."
He didn't go in the recording booth, but just sung the song. Every time, even today, when I hear his voice, it surprises me how damn good it is. His voice has changed from the first EP to the second album.
I checked the time on my phone. "Guys, shouldn't we go now? We gotta be there soon."
"Yeah, let's go," Brittany agreed.
I got Dan out of his little musical world, which he seemed disappointed about, and told him it was time to go, and he follows me.

***

"Cover up,
Rain down,
We wept on the edge of its down,
It's all I want,
It's all we want tonight,
I feel it."
One thing I will always love about performing is the excitement of everybody there. It wakes me up even more in case I've gone another night without sleeping and coffee won't help.
We finish off with the new song Dan showed me, which we all improvised on, and surprisingly it came out pretty well. Dan told us we should start recording it as soon as we got back.
The small crowd cheers for us and we say our 'thank you's before heading back.
"That was fun," Ben said. "I forgot how good it felt to perform."
"But Ben, we just played for these people a few days ago."
"I know, but it felt like I hadn't in forever."

Damn, this band is the greatest thing that's ever happened to me. It just keeps getting better.