chapter 1: a date to remember

We sat over about three rows up from the screen at the theater waiting for the movie to start. Tyler had told me he was taking me to one of his favorite movies and that i would enjoy the movie a lot. 

"What is this again?"

"I never told you what it was" He whispered with a grin on his face.

"How romantic" I huffed to myself while rolling my eyes, making sure to be quiet so that Tyler hadn't heard me. The movie had started and i was surprised by his choice.

The breakfast club is something that I've never seen but heard of. While watching it, i felt the symbolism in the movie. How was this Tyler's favorite movie? He seems more like a horror, gore, scary movie person. I guess there are a few things i don't know about him..

After the movie was over i almost cried. I looked over to see that Tyler's eyes were glistening with forming tears. That, i didn't nearly anticipate from him. I was shocked. he looked over to me. "See why i like that movie so much?"

I turned my head to avoid letting him see the tears that were starting to fall down my face. I started giggling while wiping off tears. " Yeah i guess i can see why you like that movie. The movie was just so... wow "

"You wanna go and get something to go eat?" He asked me as we walked out of the theater into the dark night. I glanced over to him and took him in. He has blonde  short yet sexy hair. You could see his muscles through his shirt, but not like rippling and gross, but enough to be noticeable. His blue eyes shined every time they hit a light. His smile made me want to melt. He was probably half a foot or so taller than me. So maybe around 6'6. He was tan but a pinch whiter than me.

"Taylor, are you OK?" He asked, snapping me out of my daze.

"Oh yeah just trying to remember something..." I said then sighed at myself for being such a weirdo, for looking him up and down. I sigh " yeah sure, where do you wanna go? what place is going to be open at this time of night?"

" how about there?" he asked as he pointed down the street at a small cafe on the corner of the block.

"sounds fine to me" i started saying as i walked down the street. Tyler ran to catch up with, probably didn't expect me to just walk up like that. we walked into the cafe and took a seat and waited for a waiter.

" so i want to know more about you, like what do you like to do? or at least tell me something about you."

"umm you really wanna know something about me?"

"yeah"

"well, i like to do a lot of things like swimming at the beach, dancing, listening to music.... the basic really."

"well then what music do you listen to"

"well i like imagine dragons?" I  said because that was the first band i could think of.

"that interesting, i like that band too!" he almost yelled with a smile on his face. if i didn't know how smart he really was i would have thought he was stupid. 

"well that's nice" i tried not to sound mean but he heard the annoyance in my voice. and i saw in his eyes that he was kind of hurt. even though what i said wasn't that rude or mean. but it hurt me to see him upset. " i mean, its really cool that we have the same interest in music!" i could see his face soften up which made me feel better.

"OK, well we should really get going" he said in a calm yet disappointed.

"yeah i agree" i wanted to get home before this "date" takes a wrong turn. i offered to pay the bill but he wouldn't let me so after he walked out the door i switched our money and left a tip, then put his money it into his back pocket.