1. His name is 47

My eyes opened due to the furious roars coming from downstairs. I could not live in peace even for a day. Everyday was the same and there was no hope for a change. I got up from my bed and rushed downstairs to see two of my siblings shouting at each other and fighting like wild cats. My mother on the other hand was just shouting at them, telling them to stop. I could not blame her though. She had done a lot for us. She had raised three children without a father. We never knew who he was and we never bothered finding it out.

          "Carl, Cheryl, could you two stop?" I walked towards them slowly.

          "Ah, thank goodness, you're awake Amy." My mother had tears in her eyes. Probably because of happiness.

         "You should go and take some rest, mother. I'll drop Carl and Cheryl to their school." I folded my arms across my chest and leaned against the wall.

         She stood up, thanked me and slowly made her way upstairs. Meanwhile, my two younger siblings had stopped arguing.

       "Bring your school bags." I said coldly as I took the car keys from the key holder and sauntered outside.

~

      "How did Cheryl get a bar of chocolate for lunch and I got an apple?" Carl grumbled as he tried to create another argument.

      But I didn't reply to him, neither did Cheryl make any comment. I drove the car in a steady speed as Carl continued babbling and trying to divert my attention.

       "Amy! Look out!" Carl screamed and I gasped as I quickly hit the brake.

        A man wearing a black coat and a red tie was standing in front of our car. He was bald and had blue eyes but he stood emotionlessly.

        "He's a mad man." Cheryl whispered. "Amy, reverse the car before he does anything."

        I didn't listen to my younger sister. Instead, I got off the car and stomped towards the man angrily. "What is wrong with you? Why are you blocking our way?"

         He did not reply. He looked at me coldly which gave me shivers down my spine. Just then my head started to hurt and I saw some kind of visions.

         I saw the same man shooting and I saw Carl and Cheryl crying and hiding in the car.

          My vision ended and I gasped nervously. "Who are you?"

         The sound of a gunshot was heard and it came from inside the woods. The man took out two guns from beneath his coat and started shooting in the woods, meanwhile my siblings cried. I quickly tried to run and get inside my car but the man caught me and hit me on my head. He knocked me down and I fell unconscious.

~

        I woke up and found myself tied to a chair. It was dark. Nothing could be seen and I couldn't figure it out where I was. I tried to remember the last thing that happened and I realised my vision had become a reality.

          "Amy." The unfamiliar voice brought me back to my senses and I looked around. "You're awake."

          The same bald man came and stood in front of me. He was completely expressionless and I couldn't make it out if he was angry or sad or happy.

           "Who are you? What's your name and where are Carl and Cheryl?" My lips quivered as I spoke quickly.

           The man bent down and peered right into my face. "I am Agent 47. In short, my name is 47."

           His blue eyes were mesmerising but with such a blank expression, I couldn't tell if he was good looking or not.

           "Your siblings are safe. They returned to their home." He stood straight and turned around.

         "47 is not a name." I bit my lip and looked down.

           "It isn't. But it is mine." He replied coldly before walking away.

          "Why have you brought me here? What have I done?" I questioned furiously and he stopped.

           He turned around and said. "You see visions. That is a unique ability. It indicates that you are an agent. You are what I am."

_______________________