2. No Remorse and No Guilt

"What?" My eyebrows furrowed. "What are you saying? I do not get a word you are saying."

He stood there like a robot which was programmed to do only certain things, though I knew he was a human. "We are agents. We kill. We are unable to feel guilt, remorse or fear of our actions."

His words were enough to terrify me and I felt an urge of untying myself. I could not stand this man. My hands, which were tied with a rope behind the chair, started twisting and contorting and slowly I could feel them come out of the rope.

When I looked up, I saw that the Agent had left. I was alone in the room, trying hard to retain my freedom. My left hand came out and I quickly took off the rope from my other hand. My hands were free. As for my legs, I untied them in no time.

I stood up but felt dizzy and I had no idea where to walk. My feet were numb and all I wanted to do was fall down. Just then my eyes shut tightly and I saw another vision in my mind.

The Agent pushed me and I fell on the ground as the people with white helmets started shooting at him.

"Agent 47! Where are you?" I shouted, as soon as the vision ended, just to find my voice echo throughout the room. "I got a glimpse of future. Somebody is coming to get you."

The lights were turned on and I realised that the place was a huge garage. The agent stood there and offered me his hand.

"Do you trust me?" He asked in a softened tone.

That was when I became fully aware of him being a human and I had no doubts about it. If he was to be another type of a creature, he wouldn't have changed his tone of speaking. Without another thought I grabbed his hand.

"I do trust you." My voice seemed inaudible but he heard it clearly and he gave me a nod.

The next second, a gunshot was heard by us, which we were anticipating and 47 pushed me against the wall. "You need to hide. Don't come out. No matter what happens, just stay here."

"I want to come." I protested. "You said agents are supposed to kill. If I am an agent, I must kill."

"You are still a weakling." He said plainly.

Suddenly, he pushed me on the ground and I fell with a thud. My head started bleeding after it hit the ground and I looked up at him just to see him holding two guns in his hands. I turned my head and saw the people with white helmets, who were ready to shoot at him.

"I saw those people in my vision." I hurriedly gazed at 47. "Why are they trying to kill you?"

"They aren't trying to kill me," He stated as he dodged the bullets which came from the other side, "they are trying to kill you."

I stared at him in awe. His quickness, the way he moved, the way he twisted and bent his body and the way he fired at those people, all of these were the sources of fascination for me.

His aiming was completely accurate and he had killed five out of seven people in nearly eight seconds. The two which were remaining had escaped the garage.

"How long did it take me to finish them?" He asked but I just stared at him and was speechless. "Amy Winston-"

"Do not call me Amy Winston. I never had a father." I angrily blurted out without thinking. I hated that last name and I never wanted to own it.

"You can try running away from the truth," he bent down and glared at my face "but you can never hide from it. Dr. Winston is your father and he is alive." He held my shoulder and another vision blocked my mind.

An old man, injecting himself and crying in pain. But he was angry. And he was bald. He had a barcode behind his head, just like 47.

I groaned after the vision because of the headache it had caused. 47 held me by my shoulders and slowly stroked down my arms as he said the words, "we need to go."

_______________________