Don't Get Too Attached ~Chapter 12~

First off, thank you so much for getting me to 1,400 reads!! YAY *claps*I feel so proud! I feel like I've actually achieved something with this story, and I'm so sorry I took ages to upload, but here you go! I made it long too!! :D

Thanks to everyone who reads this, please comment and let me know who you are! <3

Love you's, 

Mel x

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 12

Aww,” I heard a faint voice in the back of my head. “Look at them honey, they look so cute all cuddled up like that!” The voice sounded incredibly familiar.

Shh, you'll wake them, look, she's stirring.” Another voice whispered back. I heard footsteps disappearing into the distance and a silence followed...

I felt something under me move. Slowly, I peeled an eye open and the thing froze.

“Sorry, I didn't mean to wake you, Tatty.” Sam whispered as I sat up slowly. “Did you sleep well?” He had a small, genuine smile on his face and I could see no sign of his smirk.

“I guess I did, how about you?” I replied, stretching.

“The best I've had in ages,” and then he smirked.

“It's too early in the morning to be smirking,” I mumbled and threw a pillow at him feebly.

He caught it effortlessly, “Actually, it's past 11.” He stated, pointing at the clock on the wall.

“On shi-”

“Language, Tatiana!” another voice interrupted. My eyes widened as it registered and I ran to the kitchen, Sam trailing behind at a slower pace.

“Daddy!” I exclaimed as I threw myself at him. My mum coughed purposefully behind him, “Hey, mum.” I greeted her sheepishly as I detached myself from my dad. “How was the meeting?” I asked them both.

“It was tiring, it went on forever! And when it did finish, we still had work to do. I'm so tired right now and I just want to go to sleep,” my mum complained, she had dark circles around her brown eyes, which were evident on her pale skin and she struggled to stifle a yawn. “But anyway, it's nice to see you didn't starve,” she joked.

“That's not funny.” I dead panned, “But you guys can go to sleep if you want, I'm sure it was a long drive down. Sam and I will have breakfast and then busy ourselves with something quiet. We won't make any noise for you,” I told them, smiling.

It didn't take a lot of convincing for my parent to retreat upstairs.

“Does that mean I can spend the day with you?” Sam asked, a smile playing at his lips. His eyes were gleaming with something and he looked hopeful.

“I don't know, I'm contemplating kicking you out actually,” I said sarcastically.

The smile was wiped from his lips and it transformed into a pout, “Why?”

I laughed at how gullible he was, “I'm joking Sam, go home and change or whatever you do in the morning, I'll meet you outside at one and we can go for a jog.”

“I knew that,” He replied, “how about we go shopping instead?”

I looked at him skeptically. This was the first time anyone other than my mum had ever asked me to go shopping. I never thought I'd get asked, much less by a boy. I'd always heard that shopping with your friends was supposed to be one of those must-have experiences. I hesitated as I pondered my response and Sam seemed to sense this.